StreetBoss

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on what you like.

It a semi-long to long day out. There's really great views. You travel through a few different types of tasty rock (low angled, polished slab, very featured semi-steep stuff, then some steeper granitic(?) stuff at the end). It's quite low-stress and goes fairly quickly for the amount of ground covered due to the abundant fixed protection.

The descent is mind-numbing (hours of rappelling down low-angled, featured, sometimes loose, rock). There are sections of loose rock. The climb is mostly easy and low angled with brief spurts into the low 5.10 range. There are sections of loose rock that make it worrisome to be below anyone (I've actually witnessed spontaneous rockfall there too). If overbolting bothers you, you will be bothered. The bolting is inconsistent also, so if you're some autistic dude who gets freaked out when things change, you could get freaked out when you move from pitch to pitch.

Depends on what you like.

It a semi-long to long day out. There's really great views. You travel through a few different types of tasty rock (low angled, polished slab, very featured semi-steep stuff, then some steeper granitic(?) stuff at the end). It's quite low-stress and goes fairly quickly for the amount of ground covered due to the abundant fixed protection.

The descent is mind-numbing (hours of rappelling down low-angled, featured, sometimes loose, rock). There are sections of loose rock. The climb is mostly easy and low angled with brief spurts into the low 5.10 range. There are sections of loose rock that make it worrisome to be below anyone (I've actually witnessed spontaneous rockfall there too). If overbolting bothers you, you will be bothered. The bolting is inconsistent also, so if you're some autistic dude who gets freaked out when things change, you could get freaked out when you move from pitch to pitch.

The cruxes are bolted like skaha - the other pitches like tuolumne

I suggest removing all the hangars and thereby turning it into a quasi-trad climb. You'd have to bring a rack of 20 some-odd hangars for each pitch, placed on lead with a wrench, then cleaned by the second. That would keep it both Alpine and Adventurous!

So I've put off doing the route for a couple of years to let the cleaning process take place. I used to have loads of time to grab 2nd acents and blah blah blah.

Now I'm interested - anyone think it's worthy? Or just a long lame route?

:yoda:

Dude....you have to climb it for yourself to know that! Never take another’s opinions. It’s just like movies. I never count on another person’s opinion of a movie. Got to see it for myself.

So I've put off doing the route for a couple of years to let the cleaning process take place. I used to have loads of time to grab 2nd acents and blah blah blah.

Now I'm interested - anyone think it's worthy? Or just a long lame route?

Dude....you have to climb it for yourself to know that! Never take another’s opinions. It’s just like movies. I never count on another person’s opinion of a movie. Got to see it for myself.

Shut up doucebag.........