A woman's worth

archenemy

DUDE! so spot on...

I know... megablocks, trampolines, zip-lines, legos, building snowmen and igloos, throwing rocks in the lake, jumping off dirt piles - now that I have kids I can act like the kid I still am, without anybody thinking I'm weird!

i didn't have parents so i was never a kid. I don't get it.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay for a nanny as well......no other way.

to me thats like paying someone to clean my house. even if i could afford it i don't think i could have done that when my kids were little. i do have a yard guy though. i hate yard work HATE!!

she doesn't clean...

anyway, this is the decision you two made, that one would work outside the home and one would work inside the home, so why bitch about it???? And why expect the one working outside the home to work as hard inside the home as the stay-at-home???? can't have your cake and eat it too...

to me thats like paying someone to clean my house. even if i could afford it i don't think i could have done that when my kids were little. i do have a yard guy though. i hate yard work HATE!!

she doesn't clean...

anyway, this is the decision you two made, that one would work outside the home and one would work inside the home, so why bitch about it???? And why expect the one working outside the home to work as hard inside the home as the stay-at-home???? can't have your cake and eat it too...

Our nanny drives 18 miles one way to my house Monday – Friday, pretty much just watches my son and tries her hardest to have a meal ready when we get home and tries to do laundry, but in the end, we just want her to watch our son. With my wife owning her won business and me working 40 a week, and we both HATE daycare….a nanny is the only way…..she rocks and is worth every penny.

she doesn't clean...

huh?

all i said is that i thought it was easier to come to work every day than it was to be a stay at home mom. no bitching here. i am greatfull i had the opportunity to hold my babies and watch them learn so many amazing things and spend so much time with them whilst they were forming. it was hard but it was worth it!!

man, I wish *I* could stay at home.

then you should. I am serious. I think it would benifit any man who has the desire to quit his job for 2 years and be home with his children while his wife gets her career back on track. for reals if a mom did the first 3 years and daddy did the next 2 kiddo would be 5 by the time everyone was back at work.

she doesn't clean...

Our nanny drives 18 miles one way to my house Monday – Friday, pretty much just watches my son and tries her hardest to have a meal ready when we get home and tries to do laundry, but in the end, we just want her to watch our son. With my wife owning her won business and me working 40 a week, and we both HATE daycare….a nanny is the only way…..she rocks and is worth every penny.

personally i don't think any child under the age of 3 belongs anywhere away from a parent. i don't care what you call it. a nanny is still day care.

then you should. I am serious. I think it would benifit any man who has the desire to quit his job for 2 years and be home with his children while his wife gets her career back on track. for reals if a mom did the first 3 years and daddy did the next 2 kiddo would be 5 by the time everyone was back at work.

This is pretty close to the plan my wife and I have... we'll pop out one more kid and then wait two years. After that, I get to retire for five years while she goes back to work. I make way more money than she does, but we're saving up in the meantime to cover the difference.

I can't wait.

...yeah, but you went on a rant about how your ex didn't do shit around the house or with the kids except every now and then...

i said i am bitter ;) what more do you want :cool:

my point is that you should NOT be bitter...

This is pretty close to the plan my wife and I have... we'll pop out one more kid and then wait two years. After that, I get to retire for five years while she goes back to work. I make way more money than she does, but we're saving up in the meantime to cover the difference.

I can't wait.

now THAT is cool!!!

...yeah, but you went on a rant about how your ex didn't do shit around the house or with the kids except every now and then...

i said i am bitter ;) what more do you want :cool:

my point is that you should NOT be bitter...

i am working on that

i am a work in progress

blooming like a little flower ;)

personally i don't think any child under the age of 3 belongs anywhere away from a parent.

I agree, but cannot afford for one of us to not work.

i don't care what you call it. a nanny is still day care.

I agree to a point. But there is one child to take care of, and not a whole bunch of diseases going around. A nanny was the best option we had.

Code word Nanny=prostitute

Prositute sells her body for sex.....nanny sells her child care/time for pay.....how do you see them the same?

cuz birdshit is a dumbass...

Prositute sells her body for sex.....nanny sells her child care/time for pay.....how do you see them the same?

oh my God. It was fricking joke. Maybe its just Tonya Harding you hired, beat you over the head.

oh my God. It was fricking joke. Maybe its just Tonya Harding you hired, beat you over the head.

Dont you mean in the back of the knee?

will you marry me?

Unfortunately, I'm already married to the perfect woman, and I will always be married to her through the end of time.

I really don't understand dad's who don't like to play with their kids. The best parts of my day are waking up early to make breakfast with my son (my wife gets breakfast in bed each morning), and then the hours of 6-10pm when I play with the kids and put them to bed while my wife gets a chance to relax.

What it the world is more fun than playing with kids?

you have to be kidding me. this has to be some kind of troll or something :confused:

no its not...this is very similar to my home...

:tup: dads! You guys :rawk: This is how it is at our house, too. My hubby does so much with the kids and around the house I don't know what I'd do without him since I work from home. We're a team. I couldn't imagine it any other way.

personally i don't think any child under the age of 3 belongs anywhere away from a parent.

I agree, but cannot afford for one of us to not work.

i don't care what you call it. a nanny is still day care.

I agree to a point. But there is one child to take care of, and not a whole bunch of diseases going around. A nanny was the best option we had.

again, just my opinion, but that is a cop out. you can afford anything you want to afford if you make the proper adjustments to your budget.

we each live with the consequences of the choices we make.

I think that this is one of those times when you need to adjust your thinking to how you live. you like day care, you just don't want your child to go to a center where there are other children diseases etc.

will you marry me?

Unfortunately, I'm already married to the perfect woman, and I will always be married to her through the end of time.

I really don't understand dad's who don't like to play with their kids. The best parts of my day are waking up early to make breakfast with my son (my wife gets breakfast in bed each morning), and then the hours of 6-10pm when I play with the kids and put them to bed while my wife gets a chance to relax.

you have to be kidding me. this has to be some kind of troll or something :confused:

:tup: dads! You guys :rawk: This is how it is at our house, too. My hubby does so much with the kids and around the house I don't know what I'd do without him since I work from home. We're a team. I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Does he make you breakfast in bed and feed you grapes every day??? If this is real then I must be on another planet. Flame you fricking idiots, K-fed, RUMR, DC, TV, CHAPS, Counterfreak.

Edited by Seahawks

man, I wish *I* could stay at home.

haha, Yeah, right. I couldn't do that to my wife. Why in the world would she want to give up being a stay-at-home to go work some shitty 9-5? lame.

Anyway, I make more money than she would, so I don't mind taking a bullet for the team. I still get evenings and weekends.

Anyway, it's funny to hear women complain about how they "had" to stay at home. Man, working for the man is the shitty end of the stick, not stayin' at home.

parenting and being a father or mother aint difficult folks. It is work, but most of you have it in your heads becuase of the innateness of the skills.

how do I know this? 99% of the world is good....and we all had parents....sometimes one...sometimes two...

$100+K peshaw. Not everybody can be a teacher. Not everybody can be a TS dude. There are a lot of people who have chosen to be a mother though....

will you marry me?

To all you lazy ass dads out there. I take half of all night time duties currently in my house. I have 7 month old who protests sleep at all costs. My wife and I split the night time feedings. So I know all about sleep depravation. I try to support my wife at all costs. We truly split all duties. And I love it. Being with my son is the best part of my crazy day.