Climbing Studs

archenemy

The real tragedy is that this videonarcissism of gymbering is ruining all of your chances for doing tapesights.

:lmao:

hey, Kev, see, here's an example of sumpin' witty and original as opposed to that whole chop up the quote thingy that you like so much...

Dude....the chop up quotes might be an old joke....but then again....so are you.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The real tragedy is that this videonarcissism of gymbering is ruining all of your chances for doing tapesights.

:lmao:

hey, Kev, see, here's an example of sumpin' witty and original as opposed to that whole chop up the quote thingy that you like so much...

Dude....the chop up quotes might be an old joke....but then again....so are you.

nice kevin...something original...be sure to tell pinky all about it tonight...

:fahq:

why does it have to be a female? They can't do anything right, anyway...

Well, they do smell better.

And have much better hip position!

Just go to the gym a bit early and hang out for a while. Usually lots of talented climbers floating around to watch. Don't watch their hands but how they position their core relative to holds and relative to their feet.

As far as I've seen 90% of climbing technique is in the hips and the footwork! If your getting pumped and worked always assume that it's not that you aren't strong enough, but aren't being efficient enough in how you spend your strength.

And have much better hip position!

Just go to the gym a bit early and hang out for a while. Usually lots of talented climbers floating around to watch. Don't watch their hands but how they position their core relative to holds and relative to their feet.

As far as I've seen 90% of climbing technique is in the hips and the footwork! If your getting pumped and worked always assume that it's not that you aren't strong enough, but aren't being efficient enough in how you spend your strength.

Thanks, Selkirk. I'm female and except for carrying kids and groceries I have little upper body strength so unless I can be efficient and learn good technique I won't get far!

video taping is a good way to get control of some bad climnbing habbits and work on improving technique. seriously. a good climbing is a good climber period.

Ran into one of my favorite climbers at the collums this weekend (mike south you know you RULE) and i waited to watch him climb. I wanted my noobie to see true poetry in motion. every time i see him climb it insprires me to want to improve my grace and my fluidity on the rock.

it is true that by in large women have better foot work then men do out of neccesity. we are less likely to be able to muscle our way up something so we work it out with the strongest part of our body, our legs.

oh and for those of you new to climbing, you might want to invest in some arnica. your for arms are gunna BURN :grin: i like the gel stuff the best. it really helps sore muscles.

...it is true that by in large women have better foot work then men do out of neccesity. we are less likely to be able to muscle our way up something so we work it out with the strongest part of our body, our legs. ....

such a misconception...

Same with boulderers.

Bouldering is practice for real climbing.

whatever toolbag, ropes R aid.

Come to NCW and I'll show you a bunch of bolder problems you'd want to add a sissy bolt to.

are they ten feet tall with a slab landing?? SHUDDER...

bitch, you're gonna have to show me around yer stuff...

...it is true that by in large women have better foot work then men do out of neccesity. we are less likely to be able to muscle our way up something so we work it out with the strongest part of our body, our legs. ....

such a misconception...

you can take that up with Lynn Hill then cus thats who i learned it form :P

such a misconception...

general statement. this might be true comparing a beginner male to a beginner female.

such a misconception...

Lynn Hill is far from "normal" and is in a class of her own...plus, she has plenty of muscle and power to spare...

such a misconception...

general statement. this might be true comparing a beginner male to a beginner female.

Definitely a general statement. But given a man and a woman climbing at the same maximum grade, I have yet to see man who relies more heavily on technique and efficiency than his female counterpart, and I have yet to see a woman who relies as heavily on strength and power as her male counterpart.

such a misconception...

Definitely a general statement. But given a man and a woman climbing at the same maximum grade, I have yet to see man who relies more heavily on technique and efficiency than his female counterpart, and I have yet to see a woman who relies as heavily on strength and power as her male counterpart.

ummm...i can point to quite a few women who have significantly higher relative strength to their weight than men...

You obviously haven't observed very much high end climbing or bouldering...