A Pardon For Jim Morrison?

Dechristo

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great collection of bootleg tapes back in the day.

Laugh all you want, they were on TDK Metal Reference, Baby!

MAR Old Skool :nurd:

Hey, Mister LightMan...

Si1Gkj6DkOE

edit: sucks how they cut it off.

Edited by MisterE

It also helps that I HATE the Doors music. All their songs seem to last WAY too long and sound like four songs smashed together. What a headache

Maybe, it's one of those things where you had to be there.

Warm summer night, cruisin' down the highway in a car filled with guy and gal friends, partyin', with the windows down, and the buzz is fine. The radio DJ has been playin' good, but low-energy, tunes when a pause in the conversation reveals the opening sounds of "LA Woman". The volume gets cranked and the party receives a super-charge. Good times.

Favorite Doors album:

358f.jpg

I was driving back along the Sooke road from the head of the West Coast Trail one Sunday morning in the summer. It is a very windy narrow, and remote road that switchbacks up and over to the west coast of Vancouver Island. I came around a corner and saw a bunch of dust rising up from the edge of the road over a very steep embankment. I pulled over into the ditch on the other side of the road and jumped out, scurried down the bank. The slope had been logged and was littered with debris but down around 150 feet I could see an MG upside down smoking away. I steeled myself for what I might find and slid down through the maze of stumps. As I approached the smashed car the sound of the very beginning of The End came wafting out from under the car. It was so fucking creepy. I could hear moaning and I could see blood on the ground so I laid down and looked in and saw a couple of the luckiest guys in the world. Both were hanging in their seats and actually alive. The car had come to rest with the hood and trunk laying on stumps. They were cut up and bleeding from the head but I was able to get them out of the car and they made it up the bank on their own as the Doors played in the background.

I love the Doors, remember the times like they were yesterday, there will never be times like those again. Rock on!!

Edited by TREETOAD

It also helps that I HATE the Doors music. All their songs seem to last WAY too long and sound like four songs smashed together. What a headache

Maybe, it's one of those things where you had to be there.

Warm summer night, cruisin' down the highway in a car filled with guy and gal friends, partyin', with the windows down, and the buzz is fine. The radio DJ has been playin' good, but low-energy, tunes when a pause in the conversation reveals the opening sounds of "LA Woman". The volume gets cranked and the party receives a super-charge. Good times.

Favorite Doors album:

358f.jpg

IMO, LA Woman kicks extra ass when listened to while skiing,