I fondeld my gear

sk

At my place in Index, I use that sticky glue stuff to try and catch mice. I have to hide it in out of the way spots where the little buggers run. Sometimes I forget about it. When I later find it, I have the cutest little tableau of mouse skelton surrounded by disconnected fur (where the hell does the skin go anyway?) that you ever did see.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stokey thread, Muffy! Me, too--I'm so excited for spring!!! :moondance:

Wanting to keep my gear close at hand, I brought my climbing pack into the house(instead of the garage where most of that stuff lives) and caught flack for taking up too much closet space.

I like the tinkling sound the gear makes, even in the pack.

Can't a girl live a little?? :(

Wanting to keep my gear close at hand, I brought my climbing pack into the house(instead of the garage where most of that stuff lives) and caught flack for taking up too much closet space.

I like the tinkling sound the gear makes, even in the pack.

Can't a girl live a little?? :(

:blush: the whole closet in my office is gear. camping hiking and climbing. i just moved into this house and my folks helped me move... my dad could not figure out for the life of him why my gear needs to live INSIDE the house... :blush: it's cus it's my favorite thing :blush:

...Can't a girl live a little?? :(

:blush: ... my dad could not figure out for the life of him why my gear needs to live INSIDE the house... :blush: it's cus it's my favorite thing :blush:

Exactly!! :tup: That does it...the rope bag's comin' in, too! :fahq:

At my place in Index, I use that sticky glue stuff to try and catch mice. I have to hide it in out of the way spots where the little buggers run. Sometimes I forget about it. When I later find it, I have the cutest little tableau of mouse skelton surrounded by disconnected fur (where the hell does the skin go anyway?) that you ever did see.
Well, you completely missed the good part, the mouse squirming until it expires from thirst and exhaustion, followed by the wriggling maggots and insects devouring the body.

Climbing packs, rope bags...just how much climbing stuff do you end up if you get serious about this?
Tons. I have a room in my house I call the gear room. That's what lives in there. When you are ready to buy some more gear, PM me first--I got lots o stuff I can part with for a good deal. Or for trade. I need a mountain bike, scarpa tele boots, a drysuit or wetsuit, all sorts of stuff. I got needs.

Climbing packs, rope bags...just how much climbing stuff do you end up if you get serious about this?
Tons. I have a room in my house I call the gear room. That's what lives in there. When you are ready to buy some more gear, PM me first--I got lots o stuff I can part with for a good deal. Or for trade. I need a mountain bike, scarpa tele boots, a drysuit or wetsuit, all sorts of stuff. I got needs.

Could have used that drysuit at Smith last weekend. ;)

I alway have to have a gear room no matter where I live. Right now my consists of 4 mountain bike, 1 road bike, 4 rope, ices axes, ice screws, pitons, aid gear, full rack, 2 tubs of bike parts, mountaineering boots, 10 pairs of rocks shoes, lighting systems (for the climbing wall, mountain biking, and hiking), baby pack, bike tools, 7-8 packs, 2 tents, 4 sleeping bags........on and on. I stil have stuff in storage in Seattle too and with friends. Funny thing is I use it all.

No stoke here right now, it is rainy season for the next month or two. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have a room devoted to gear. Right now, it's like a gear swimming pool. It can be a little embarrassing when you see how much gear is in there, especially since all the bike stuff is in the garage.

I could rent it out to babysit climbers. It would be like the Ball Room at Ikea.

Treasure bath!

You don't want to ask that question right now.......

It's an addiction........

OH, and I had to replace two cams so I have 2 new shiny springy twitchy things now :)

All gear whores please raise your hands !

:wave::wave::wave:

Right here

Kinda like dangling a carrot, my gear is hanging in the garage and when I'm on my stairmaster I gaze longingly at it and know that is why i'm sweating my ass off on the exercise machine.

Muffy, may I ask are you on pain meds for your broken foot? Just wondering.