GymJones, not too picky anymore..

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not interested enough to dig into it, but it looks as though there's been something of a falling out between some of the CF disciples.

Edit: Slow work day.

"My, my, my what ever happened to the concept of being a good loser? Mark Twight gets some notoriety and all we hear are venomous accusations from the most generous fitness lunatic in the world about how Mark Twight stole his ideas. Did Glassdick invent pushups and pull-ups? Can he even do a push up or pull-up? Shit, can he even touch his toes?

Mark Twight’s stock goes up as the film 300 continues to ratchet up top profits. This weekend the film was ranked #2 in ticket sales after being #1 the previous two weekends. Good for Mark Twight, he earned it. Here’s hoping that he will get other training gigs as a result of this. We here at the Moynihan Institute subscribe to the adage that winners win and losers whine.

When I was still fighting I can remember all those Monday afternoon whiners in the gym, assuming they showed up. They all went over a litany of reasons of why they were “robbed” but the winners were silently banging away on the bag getting ready for the next fight. Such is life.

Maybe it’s different in the world of minor league fitness celebrities but among professionals like myself in the world of business there are results and then there are results. No one judges my performance based on my intentions and no one gives two shits about my cry baby excuses and he said – she said stuff. That’s fine. I’m a professional and a hallmark of being a true professional is being stoic. This doesn’t mean I am some sort of droid but it does mean that I don’t let my emotions interfere with my professional performance.

Let me make something clear and this I nothing unique. People “steal” shit from me ALL THE TIME. Every time someone does I attempt to get a little better at thwarting it in the future. I may even call them privately on it. This is part of the game and I accept it like a man not some belly aching bitch. It’s one thing when someone plagiarizes from a book or takes a copyrighted invention as his own. These are the exception not the rule. In most cases “stolen” stuff is much murkier and when you get down to it not stolen at all. There are a lot of gray areas in the world of grown ups.

So Mark Twight gets a little notoriety from his hard work with the cast of 300 and all of a sudden Glassdick starts in with he stole this and he stole that. Assuming that he stole anything when did this happen? Would this have even been an issue if he had never got the 300 gig or if the movie was a dud? This reeks of sour grapes. Who does Glassdick think he is Bikram Choudhury? Get over yourself asshole. You squeezed your certification dough out of Twight. Consider yourself overpaid.

Is there anything more pathetic than a grown man whining about how he was “screwed”? This surely doesn’t pass the John Wayne test. What’s that you ask? Well when in doubt of the masculinity of the action I am about to take I ask myself, “What would the Duke do”? It’s usually pretty clear cut.

I can remember loosing a close fight on a decision and whining about it at length. After about an hour or two of it my trainer told me to shut up, suck it up and to knock the guy out next time so there’s no question about who the winner is. Well the winner in this saga is clearly Mark Twight. He will ALWAYS be a winner and Dregg Glassdick will ALWAYS be a loser. Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!"

http://www.moynihaninstitute.com/

Edited: Sorry didn't realize you were quoting that site.

I think the core issue is that Twight has been charging the US military for stuff which has always been public and free through

crossfit. Its about ethics not about copyright.

I know this whole fall out between crossfit and twight happened a long time before 300.

Edited by downfall