terrorism has gone to the dogs

archenemy

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/23/dog.head.ap/index.html

Is this what we are being forced to give up our privacy rights for? Disgusting.

Tell me that there is a wide gulf between these two things:

"The man, who is expected to be arraigned Friday, was being held on suspicion of terrorist threats. Police said he may be charged with animal cruelty."

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then how about destruction of property? Harrassment? Threatening someone (I think that act of violence could be interpreted as a threat)? Child endangerment? There are laws against everything, certainly they don't need to use terrorism as an excuse to lock up a guy who torments a child?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/23/dog.head.ap/index.html

Is this what we are being forced to give up our privacy rights for? Disgusting.

Tell me that there is a wide gulf between these two things:

"The man, who is expected to be arraigned Friday, was being held on suspicion of terrorist threats. Police said he may be charged with animal cruelty."

Who cares what he charged with it obvious the guys a nut job. Cutting the head of the dog?? Man that fricking weird. Lucky for her he didn't cut her head off. Next time it will be. This guy needs help, bad.

I think when we dilute words like "terrorism" to the point where they mean nothing as powerful as they originally did, we loose the ability to put as much weight into our discussions as we need.

True i hear you, but in a way he was terrorizing her. Somebody dropped my dogs head off in a box I'd think I was in a Mob movie. Scare crap out of me.

Who cares what he charged with it obvious ...

"As night does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight when everything remains unchanged. And it is in that twilight that we must be most aware of the change in the air, however slight; lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness"

-William O. Douglas

Who cares what he charged with it obvious ...

"As night does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances there is a twilight when everything remains unchanged. And it is in that twilight that we must be most aware of the change in the air, however slight; lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness"

-William O. Douglas

Good Quote and I agree, thats why we have Jury to decide his charges and a supreme court to uphold the law. They must have a reason for the charge and if its not right plenty of liberal judges to throw it out.

Right. Getting picked up by the cops and thrown in jail is no big deal. Just chill until you land in front of that liberal judge and get sprung. Because a conviction is the only thing that will hurt.

Pepper spray, batons, and handcuffs don't matter if you have a clean record. Your cellmate Luther will respect you because you "really didn't do it".

Good to know the less fortunate are guaranteed a fair shake from those liberals, which you seem to use as both a safety valve and whipping boy.

Same goes for the terms "Nazi" and "Fascist".

Those are just synonyms for Republican and Conservative anyways. ;):grin:

Hilarious dude. You only illustrate the point.

If "Republicans" were "nazis", there would be no opposition today (the "opposition" would be scattered in pits with bullets in the back of their collective heads), and there would have been no Democratic victory in congress in 2006, and probably no elections at all - ever. If you misuse terms with a concrete meaning to manipulate the masses or make jokes, the result is to water them down and render them meaningless.

Calling everything "terrorism" is equally idiotic, exemplified by the moronic "War IS Terrorism" bumper stickers, or the article that prompted this thread.

What we need are some strong Republican judges who are willing to put dog-beheaders in jail for terrorism.

That's what I think.

Oh yeah, and Mutual Funds should be a way to avoid paying taxes as long as you are a registered Republican.

vote for me.

The dog beheader just needs to have some concerned citizens kick the shit out of him. But of course, then they'd go to jail. Can't have vigilantism.

Hilarious dude. You only illustrate the point.

That people take politics far too seriously!

What do I know though, I'm just a communist lefty!

I agree that people take politics far too seriously, and it gets old real fast.

My ideal world is one where politicians are irrelevant, or at least effectively spayed/neutered.