Alberto Gonzalez resignation betting pool.

Skeezix

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when Ashcroft was the focus of Matt & Co's masturbatory angst? So who's gonna' be next on the lefty/lib hate flavor-of-the-week list? The suspense is killin' me!

:D So: as I expected. You think any criticism of Gonzalez was simply a partisan whitch hunt? Yes, I know, he didn't do anything wrong, right?

(Before you reply, consider that heavy hitters from both sides of the aisle were calling for Gonzalez' resignation. He lied to Congress, or else he is a moron, and he tried to take advantage of a sick man in the hospital. That sick man was, by the way, Ashcroft. Even HE thought the domestic spying program that Gonzalez was fighting for was undefensible.)

So when does Gonzo get his Presidential Medal of Freedom?

It may surprise no one that there was a day when I'd never think about expressing praise for John Ashcroft. But my mind is changed now, and I've something different to say.

Today I say Ashcroft deserves a Medal of Freedom award for when he was hospitalized but still mustered the strength to tell Gonzales to go fuck himself. Damn near in a coma, yet approached by Gonzales to sign off on the latest conspiracy by the Bush Crime Family, Ashcroft refused. Now, while it's true the recent Senate hearings revealed that FBI agents were on the scene that day as specifically ordered to protect Ashcroft from manipulation by Gonzales, I still say Ashcroft deserves recognition for taking a stand for the Constitution instead of for the Boss.

For me, there's a big difference between political differences and organized, political crimes. I've only pity and scorn for those here who apparently cannot see that difference, yet I'd gladly shake the hand of John Ashcroft any day.

There, I said it.

It may surprise no one that there was a day when I'd never think about expressing praise for John Ashcroft. But my mind is changed now, and I've something different to say.

Today I say Ashcroft deserves a Medal of Freedom award for when he was hospitalized but still mustered the strength to tell Gonzales to go fuck himself. Damn near in a coma, yet approached by Gonzales to sign off on the latest conspiracy by the Bush Crime Family, Ashcroft refused. Now, while it's true the recent Senate hearings revealed that FBI agents were on the scene that day as specifically ordered to protect Ashcroft from manipulation by Gonzales, I still say Ashcroft deserves recognition for taking a stand for the Constitution instead of for the Boss.

For me, there's a big difference between political differences and organized, political crimes. I've only pity and scorn for those here who apparently cannot see that difference, yet I'd gladly shake the hand of John Ashcroft any day.

There, I said it.

My comments were not related to Gonzales' supposed 'crimes', but to the very topic you addressed above. The fact that you, and those like you were part of the posse that drove Ashcroft from office (read his book) make you partly responsible for the subsequent outcome. "Careful what you wish for" comes to mind. And you and Matt still haven't answered my question about who the next pinata will be.

Rope is always questionable, with variables such as previous use history of the rope, type of rope, fall factor involved with the lynching, etc. This question will require much research, but with all the "pinatas" now available there might be opportunity to establish conclusive findings. I say go for it.

Cheers.

There, I said it.

My comments were not related to Gonzales' supposed 'crimes', but to the very topic you addressed above. The fact that you, and those like you were part of the posse that drove Ashcroft from office (read his book) make you partly responsible for the subsequent outcome. "Careful what you wish for" comes to mind. And you and Matt still haven't answered my question about who the next pinata will be.

Yeah, but Ashcroft was a CHRISTIAN. The horror! He HAD to go!

Score one for Fairweather. He takes the argument I predicted, but steps it back one generation to claim I've missed his point. Clearly, anything the Republicans do wrong is the fault of aggressive politics at the hands of Democrats.

Oh, and in case you're really asking a question, Fairweather, I've posted hundreds of times that I would like to see Bush impeached and that Cheney should go to jail. The pathetic leaders of the Democratic party may look for lower hanging fruit, though.

There, I said it.

Yeah, but Ashcroft was a CHRISTIAN. The horror! He HAD to go!

OK, OK! So I probably wouldn't want to shake hands with the guy -- somebody whose world-view hinges around obsessive control of women and fantasies of Noah's arc saving all the animals 6000 years ago is probably somebody who would give me the creeps.