PI Poll on rescue

Seahawks

Should anyone lost, hurt or stranded in a wilderness have to pay the costs of their rescue?

Choices

*Yes

*Yes, that would encourage better decision-making. Why should I subsidize stupidity?

*No

*No. Where would we make a cutoff? Do we charge crime victims for a police call if they get shot in an area known for high crime or during night hours?

*Other or don't know

WWW.seattlepi.com

Edited by Seahawks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be bullshit, but I encourage all climbers to vote in this poll. This sort of thing can be used to influence lawmakers and we should be heard. Vote early and vote often.

Hmmm. Tried deleting cookies and I still couldn't vote again. They must keep track of IP addresses or something. Oly?

Edited by catbirdseat

I am baffled as to how people see themselves as taxpayers and somehow think climbers are not also taxpayers. Especially funny with our FUck Taxes thread going on right now.

The same shit happens wiht cycling and other endeavors. I was once riding my bike and some asshole shouted out the window "Pay your taxes". WTF?

Anyhow, vote early and vote often.

-r

My professor asked me what I though about all of this in class the other day, and I think I changed his mind on the subject by just telling him like it really is. Most people are not so ready to give up their opinion though, even with facts in front of them. The less you know about an issue the easier it is to find an expert solution.