Nickleback Rocked!!!

Seahawks

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

n the November issue of Chart Magazine, the outspoken Good aired some of his thoughts on the current state of music and, in the process, took a slight jab at his fellow countrymen. Discussing the re-emergence of old skool rock n’ roll (alternately known as ‘nu grunge,’ ‘post-Pearl Jam’ and ‘heavy beer rock’), he pretty much declared Nickelback as being creatively redundant. Ahem…

"It’s that whole false emotive complacent rock — bread rock. And the pathetic thing about it — and please, no offence to a lot of these people because I’m sure a lot of them are fantastic guys, and some of them I know—but if you line up Creed, 3 Doors Down, Staind, Nickelback and Default you’ve got the same band," Good protested.

"It’s that bad! I mean that bad! I can understand in the ’80s you had all kinds of new wave bands who sounded similar, but you could kinda tell them apart. But you can’t tell any of these bands apart. They fucking sound identical! Something’s wrong with music when you can turn on the radio and any of those songs can run in succession."

nickelback is a fag band like bon jovi that chicks like to listen to. i have to question any guy who is into it. i realize that this is weird coming from a guy named pink.

That would explain all the hotties at the concert. Kept getting the elbow from the wife. lol

Bon Jovi is light years better than Nickleback.

STFU Seahawks. Bon Jovi rules…..Wanted dead or alive. This song kicks ass.

The difference between the bands is when you go to a Bon Jovi concert you recognize and sing along to 99% of their songs, with Nicklefags, you might recognize one song…..if you are lucky.

STFU Seahawks. Bon Jovi rules…..Wanted dead or alive. This song kicks ass.

The difference between the bands is when you go to a Bon Jovi concert you recognize and sing along to 99% of their songs, with Nicklefags, you might recognize one song…..if you are lucky.

Are you as dumb as you sound?? Read my quote. There not in the same class. I don't know if there is hope for you K-fed.

n the November issue of Chart Magazine, the outspoken Good aired some of his thoughts on the current state of music and, in the process, took a slight jab at his fellow countrymen. Discussing the re-emergence of old skool rock n’ roll (alternately known as ‘nu grunge,’ ‘post-Pearl Jam’ and ‘heavy beer rock’), he pretty much declared Nickelback as being creatively redundant. Ahem…

"It’s that whole false emotive complacent rock — bread rock. And the pathetic thing about it — and please, no offence to a lot of these people because I’m sure a lot of them are fantastic guys, and some of them I know—but if you line up Creed, 3 Doors Down, Staind, Nickelback and Default you’ve got the same band," Good protested.

"It’s that bad! I mean that bad! I can understand in the ’80s you had all kinds of new wave bands who sounded similar, but you could kinda tell them apart. But you can’t tell any of these bands apart. They fucking sound identical! Something’s wrong with music when you can turn on the radio and any of those songs can run in succession."

And what's with the Mule Voice? This contrived UhUHuhUhUhuHuHuh thing going on. That and the glaring lack of structure in most songs on the radio these days drives me nuts. You know why there are regular progressions in good music? Cos you brain likes it, it's like doing math without ever realizing it.

Did any of you hear that comparison done when their new album came out ("the long road" i think)? In the liner notes somewhere, one of the members talked about how they went into the studio to record something completely different and new than what they recorded in the past, or something to that effect. I looked it up on Wikipedia and they reference it as "How You Remind Me of Someday" and played those two singles (How You Remind Me and Someday) together and everything was exactly the same, same chord changes, similar tempo, same melody, it was ridiculus. Here's the link to the NPR interview with the creator and the mp3 file of the comparison:

http://jeffmilner.com/2005/02/this-is-how-you-remind-me-someday.htm

I wouldn't be surprised if you can do this with any pop/rock band out there in the last 10 years. It's sick how music has gone downhill in the last 10-15 years and turned into this horrible comglomeration of crappy singers and pretty boys. Sorry for the rant, too much coffee and not enough work this morning.