President McCain?

Stonehead

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCain has always been hard-core in favor of a ban on abortion. In more recent years, on "Meet the Press" in year 2000, he stated a change of heart: If the fetus being carried was a result of proven rape or if the pregnancy would kill the mother, then McCain said abortion might be something he could tolerate. Said McCain, "I don't claim to be a theologian, but I have my moral beliefs." What this means, of course, is that for McCain the subject is not open to debate.

To people who actually look at McCain at a level deeper than the MSM commentary that falsely portrays him as "centrist," it's always been clear that McCain takes a hard-right stance on many issues, including abortion. Moreover, I don't think McCain has ever been one to obscure his position on the issues. He just keeps his mouth shut, for the most part, and mostly all that sticks to his image is whatever the people want to see.

It's been said that with Rudy Giuliani entering the Republican race for the 2008 presidency, the inevitable comparisons between Giuliani and McCain will expose McCain for the neocon and theocrat that he is. Not that the word "expose" is meant to insinuate McCain has been hiding, just that much of the public has not been paying attention.

I could see myuself voting for McCain in years past, but now his whole facade is falling apart and he just looks almost like a flip flopper. Worse, he looks hypocritical when he hires the same people who smeared him in his last presidential bid.

If you can't beat them....just drop your morals and join them!

I could see myuself voting for McCain in years past, but now his whole facade is falling apart and he just looks almost like a flip flopper. Worse, he looks hypocritical when he hires the same people who smeared him in his last presidential bid.

If you can't beat them....just drop your morals and join them!

Kind of like Lieberman in 2000.