wildiris

RuMR

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wild iris (Lander) would be great fun for you and family...spectacualar scenery, nice western folk and there are plenty of mod climbs around Lander to keep kids stoked... Hence the annual climbing festival. GOOD TIMES And you Gotta hike to the waterfall at the end of sinks cyn too!

And some must see side trips: Fremont canyon, Devils gate, Split rock, Wind River (very easy hike for kids to Big Sandy Lake).

Well, now I am firedup for another trip to Wyoming....

Corvallisclimb:

Is the sweet water rocks where Lincoln dome is located??

Corvallisclimb:

Is the sweet water rocks where Lincoln dome is located??

Yes, but I belive your thinking of Lankin dome? Some awsome mulit pitch slab routes. Great dritbagging/camping out there too.

Lankin Dome:

5913IMG_1750.JPG

5913IMG_1749.JPG

5913IMG_1746.JPG

Bigger images on page 3 of my gallery. We did a route with the odd rating of 5.7+R, and I got to lead every pitch, one of the best routes I've ever done. No more than 4 bolts a pitch, but perfect granite! I found the sweet water rocks to be more moderate, and a better place to hang out than wild iris.

Rudy... I would highly recommend Sinks. Wild Iris is cool but it is very hard (short powerful pocket pulling). Sinks has some long fun routes that range in difficulty from 5.7-5.13. It is a lot like smith only steeper and more jugs. There is some cool camping there and it will be very easy to park the motorhome right at the climbs. Wild Iris is pretty far from Lander and the road going up there would be difficult to take a motorhome. I agree with the hike up to the waterfall at the end of sinks it is amazing and there are some great swimming holes. Also, if you camp in Sinks you are right on the river so the kids can fish and play in the water also. They can also hang out with Eli and Lander is a fun little town. Anyway, let me know if you go out there, it is only a short drive for me and I will come hang out.

You know Rudy, I looked at this thread, and I don't really see what you are bitching about on Ascensionist.com when you started a thread about how cc.com has gone downhill and stated:

you ask a simple question like going to wild iris vs. city with regards to taking children and you get a few reasonable responses from some folks and then it just degenerates into a pile of dogshit...

I don't see anything wrong with the caliber of the responses you got. Get a grip Rudy, it's winter, and you prefer warm sunny rock. I think your discontent is internal and has nothing to do with this place.