fuck christmas

pink

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't completely bail on Christmas, my family thinks I am nuts for wanting to go climbing at Joshua Tree the day after Christmas, instead of hanging around and visiting with them. I think one day with my relatives is plenty.

We got our gift exchange over with already. We call it happy Solstice. A truly worthwhile thing to celebrate- days getting longer.

Of course there are those who celebrate Festivus. Did you know you can buy Festivus poles now?

Festivus Poles

Between the Feats of Strength and the Airing of Grievances, I'd say Festivus is perfect holiday for climbers from cc.com.

Edited by catbirdseat

I spent Christmas in Thailand in 89 and at that time there was alnost no sign of the holiday at all not even overnight lineups at electronics stores! Which is after all the true meaning of Xmas. It was great and probably one of the best I have had.

I also spent Christmas morning in the main bus terminal in Tijuana and that was actually not a bad scene either.

This year we are going out on the back 498,678,300 acres and cooking up some possum bellies and MREs, and hunting down a boy scout, then we will spend a few weeks in a snow cave nice and cozy....

Of course there are those who celebrate Festivus. Did you know you can buy Festivus poles now?

Festivus Poles

Between the Feats of Strength and the Airing of Grievances, I'd say Festivus is perfect holiday for climbers from cc.com.

Festivus is not all it is cracked up to be, you try wrestling 300 lb dude for 5 minutes. I was exhausted at the end of 5 minutes.

Festivus Poles

Festivus is not all it is cracked up to be, you try wrestling 300 lb dude for 5 minutes. I was exhausted at the end of 5 minutes.

George Kostanza wasn't all that big on Festivus either, but his old man was a little guy.

Arrrrg: Me wife hasn't recovered from me blowing off Thanksgiving to climb at Red Rocks matey: I'm a not risking Christmas cause it might not be survivable if I do.

Oh - I tossed a small trial ballon out about doing some winter camping/skiing and that ballon got popped so firggan fast I hardly remembered floating it out there.

Fuck X-mas...unless I get good presents.

Dude, although it's not here yet for you, you are about to enter into the most special of times, ie when your lil pup hits @2-3 years old and a few years thereafter. It is the very beginning of one of the most special, joyful and memorable times you will ever experience in your entire life.

Enjoy.

Arrrrg: Me wife hasn't recovered from me blowing off Thanksgiving to climb at Red Rocks matey: I'm a not risking Christmas cause it might not be survivable if I do.

Oh - I tossed a small trial ballon out about doing some winter camping/skiing and that ballon got popped so firggan fast I hardly remembered floating it out there.

Fuck X-mas...unless I get good presents.

Dude, although it's not here yet for you, you are about to enter into the most special of times, ie when your lil pup hits @2-3 years old and a few years thereafter. It is the very beginning of one of the most special, joyful and memorable times you will ever experience in your entire life.

Enjoy.

man, this is comedy...hahahaha