OJ's "If I did it" interview cancelled

StreetBoss

Are you serious? There is a basic level you should understand just to be a functional member of society.

Wait, forgot who I was talking to.

Nevermind.

Are you serious? Let me let you know how many civil law suits I have been a part of, on either side. Or for that matter any thing pertaining to law suits of any kind. Or criminal behavior or really anything that has to do with the court systems. ZERO. So with this knowledge of me. Why do you think I would know about it? I don’t remember wrongful death law suites in school. High school or college.

yellowsleep.gif Sorry, what was that you were saying?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? There is a basic level you should understand just to be a functional member of society.

Nevermind.

Are you serious? Let me let you know how many civil law suits I have been a part of, on either side. Or for that matter any thing pertaining to law suits of any kind. Or criminal behavior or really anything that has to do with the court systems. ZERO. So with this knowledge of me. Why do you think I would know about it? I don’t remember wrongful death law suites in school. High school or college.

I don't think Kevbonehead has finished 7th grade yet - you know, when you learn about libraries and how to look stuff up - research and all that.

hahaha.gif

Nevermind.

I don't think Kevbonehead has finished 7th grade yet - you know, when you learn about libraries and how to look stuff up - research and all that.

hahaha.gif

Hey krasyoqowiejlkasdjpoi or what ever your name is. I understand HOW to look something up.

I want to know why you think I should just know about law, being that I have never studied it.

How would one know about rock climbing without actually doing it?

wazzup.gifwazzup.gifwazzup.gif

Hey krasyoqowiejlkasdjpoi or what ever your name is. I understand HOW to look something up.

I want to know why you think I should just know about law, being that I have never studied it.

Dude, quite while you're behind. yelrotflmao.gif

You want to lick my behind? I dont think so.

Dude, quite while you're behind. yelrotflmao.gif

I dont think.

at last, a frank, self-effacing admission!

This has been entertaining (why else would one log on this site), so I will clarify what I was saying.

WHY DO YOU THINK I WOULD KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CIVIL SUITES? ITS NOT EXACTLY COMMON KNOWLEDGE.

OK sweetie.

Criminal court is for bad people who have broken the law. It is that person against the state or against the federal government.

Civil court is for people who have disagreements with each other. Maybe you have seen folks on Judge Judy arguing with each other.

There you go.

OK sweetie.

Criminal court is for bad people who have broken the law. It is that person against the state or against the federal government.

Civil court is for people who have disagreements with each other. Maybe you have seen folks on Judge Judy arguing with each other.

There you go.

Gosh, that wasn’t so bad, was it?

Now for the hard question.

How could a court see fit to find for the family of the dead person. If the person was tried and acquitted of the murder. Wouldn’t the attorney on OJ’s side bring that point up? I find this ironic.

This has been entertaining (why else would one log on this site), so I will clarify what I was saying.

WHY DO YOU THINK I WOULD KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CIVIL SUITES? ITS NOT EXACTLY COMMON KNOWLEDGE.

Its not? Are you implying that because you don't know something that its not common knowledge?

Let me help you out here.

Criminal suits require that you be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Civil suits have a lower standard of proof, that is you just have to prove something based on a preponderance of the evidence. Just tip the scales in your favor. Hence OJ was found not guilty of murder yet still be held civilly responsible for the deaths.

Read a book sometime.

Criminal suits require that you be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Civil suits have a lower standard of proof, that is you just have to prove something based on a preponderance of the evidence. Just tip the scales in your favor. Hence OJ was found not guilty of murder yet still be held civilly responsible for the deaths.

Read a book sometime.

I understand all of that. Let me try to explain what I have never understood about his civil trial. If he was acquitted in a criminal trial, which require that you be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, then was tried in a civil trial, which have lower standards. How come he lost? Did OJ’s attorneys not bring up the fact that he was just acquitted for these murders in a court that hold a higher standard? Would that fact not be his best defense?

Read a book sometime.

I understand all of that. Let me try to explain what I have never understood about his civil trial. If he was acquitted in a criminal trial, which require that you be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, then was tried in a civil trial, which have lower standards. How come he lost? Did OJ’s attorneys not bring up the fact that he was just acquitted for these murders in a court that hold a higher standard? Would that fact not be his best defense?

No, it would not. The fact that the court he was in (Civil) held a lower standard for determining guilt would be the doorway through which the persuer would walk through. In other words, the persuer in civil court does not need to come up with as much proof against the defendant (O.J.) as they need to come up with in criminal court. So being dismissed in criminal court does not mean that that case will be easier to dismiss in civil court.