Avitripp Rips Off JayB!

TB69

Seems as though our own little Avitripp likes to rip people off and post their words as his own on other websites:

http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.html?topic_id=271956&tn=0

Look familiar JayB?

"...dig out the latest Chomsky tome, crank-up the Manu Chao on the ipod and slyly but furtively dart eyes about the room to see if the euro/latin/backpacker chicks within earshot happens to notice the dissafected/yankee-dissident/sophisticate/citizen-of-the-world-that-has-yet-to-emigrate-despite-his-grievances who's so different from his more noxious gun-toting-banjo-playing-sisterhumping-fundamentalist countrymen, understands the sheer infallibility of the grand globo-euro-lefto consensus, etc - and stands out from all of the other dissaffected/sophisticate/yankee-dissident types cruising around trying to churn up a little action with the well-rehearsed Chomsky/Zinn/Said riff while they're traveling between semesters/construction projects/fishing seasons. "

Bad form to be sure! HCL.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, you just registered to out a JayB plagerizer?! He did put it in italics and quotes. He just didn't attribute it.

Nope the OP for that thread put it in italics and quotes. Avitripp’s post (which he later, covenantly deleted) did no such thing. He absolutely tried to pass it off as his own. HCL.gif

He cops to it later in the tread linked only AFTER he was called out by a CC regular!

Edited by TB69

Before this goes any further I should chime in and say that AviTripp contacted me about this a long time ago. I never responded simply because my spray to correspondence ratio is out of whack most of the time, and I just forgot. Someone wrote me an e-mail about this, and I never got around to registering at SuperTaco to chime in over there and say the same thing that I'll say here.

He contacted me, I wouldn't have cared if he hadn't, but it was nice of him to do so - and while you are free to think whatever you want about the guy, there's no need to go after the guy or be offended on my behalf. If the day ever comes when I feel as though I've written anything that warrants copyright protection, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Feel free to post these commments at SuperTaco without formally attributing them to me.

Before this goes any further I should chime in and say that AviTripp contacted me about this a long time ago. I never responded simply because my spray to correspondence ratio is out of whack most of the time, and I just forgot. Someone wrote me an e-mail about this, and I never got around to registering at SuperTaco to chime in over there and say the same thing that I'll say here.

He contacted me, I wouldn't have cared if he hadn't, but it was nice of him to do so - and while you are free to think whatever you want about the guy, there's no need to go after the guy or be offended on my behalf.

Feel free to post these commments at SuperTaco without formally attributing them to me.

Do you realize the revenue stream you are passing up? Good god think of the profits!

He contacted me, I wouldn't have cared if he hadn't, but it was nice of him to do so - and while you are free to think whatever you want about the guy, there's no need to go after the guy or be offended on my behalf.

Do you realize the revenue stream you are passing up? Good god think of the profits!

LOL!

Just lame that’s all JayB, and if I’m not mistaken he only contacted you AFTER he was called out on Supertopo, deleted the entire thread, tucked tail and ran. pitty.gif

What? That doesn’t even make sense. confused.gif

He meant Lance Bass

That doesn't help much. confused.gif

Besides, Check and Mate what???

You stirred up a hornets nest on suportopo, tried to play the smart guy, insulted people for no reason, and as soon as it got ugly you made up some story about going climbing for a few days (despite the fact that you continued to post here) and disappeared.

Check and Mate what? You ran from the fight. You forfeited

snaf.gif

Edited by TB69

I don't know why anydude™ should get all riled™ at being called out™ and Psydo-Pwned ™ online ™ .

"It's all good" ™ , "so have a nice day dudes"™

...and dudettes™

-The content on this site, including news, quotes, data and other information, is provided by The party of the first part and its third party content providers for your personal information only, and is not intended for trading purposes. Content on this site is not appropriate for the purposes of making a decision to carry out a transaction or trade. Nor does it provide any form of advice (investment, tax, legal) amounting to strange advice, or make any recommendations regarding particular financial instruments, investments, products or sexual relationships not involving sheep.

The party of the first part does not provide investment advice nor recommendations to buy or sell sheep. We do not request personal information in any unsolicited email correspondence with our customers. Any correspondence offering trading advice or unsolicited message asking for personal details should be treated as false and reported to (add in email address at The party of the first part ).

Neither The party of the first part nor its third party content providers shall be liable for any errors, inaccuracies or delays in content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. The party of the first part EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY OF ANY THE CONTENT PROVIDED, OR AS TO THE FITNESS OF THE INFORMATION FOR ANY PURPOSE.

Although The party of the first part makes reasonable efforts to obtain reliable content from third parties, The party of the first part does not guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions given by any third party content provider. This site may point to other Internet sites that may be of interest to you, however The party of the first part does not endorse or take responsibility for the content on such other sites.

Newsletters

Whilst The party of the first part has used reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information provided by The party of the first part in the newsletters is accurate and up to date as at the time of issue, it reserves the right to make corrections and does not warrant that it is accurate or complete. News will change with time. The party of the first part hereby disclaims all liability to the maximum extent permitted by law in relation to the newsletters and does not give any warranties (including any statutory ones) in relation to the news. This is a free service and therefore you agree by receiving any newsletter(s) that this disclaimer is reasonable. Any copying, redistribution or republicationof The party of the first part newsletter(s), or the content thereof, for commercial gain is strictly prohibited.

Sexual relationships NOT involving sheep? Why should sheep be excluded?

Hey, do you think it’s too late to e-mail ExtremoMtnDude and ask for permission to use LOL now that I’ve already used it as seems to be the accepted practice?

rockband.gif

Well...actually I did go climbing....Stewart and I put up a new route in the bluffs on sunday(saturday was called due to hangover/soccer)....actually more of a variation on an old route...on Battered Balls

Thanks to those who defended me here....but I think I was in the wrong here....and NeverSurfaced got an apology from me regarding this situation, as did other parties on this site for past tiffs I've been involved in. The situation on ST got me to thinking about how my perception of peoples responses can be so far off... I am not defending my actions....they are basically un-defendable... The person who "outed" me on ST obviously is not feeling the love....oh well....get in the line-up...but I find it funny that the same anonimity they so charge me with using to my advantage....you are now hiding behind...but don't worry....your identity is safe with me.

Part of it stems from my love of shit-stirring, I guess...but eventually you have to sleep in the bed you make.

For the record: To those I've offended now, in the future, or in the past...I am sorry.

Well...actually I did go climbing....Stewart and I put up a new route in the bluffs on sunday(saturday was called due to hangover/soccer)....actually more of a variation on an old route...on Battered Balls

Thanks to those who defended me here....but I think I was in the wrong here....and NeverSurfaced got an apology from me regarding this situation, as did other parties on this site for past tiffs I've been involved in. The situation on ST got me to thinking about how my perception of peoples responses can be so far off... I am not defending my actions....they are basically un-defendable... The person who "outed" me on ST obviously is not feeling the love....oh well....get in the line-up...but I find it funny that the same anonimity they so charge me with using to my advantage....you are now hiding behind...but don't worry....your identity is safe with me.

Part of it stems from my love of shit-stirring, I guess...but eventually you have to sleep in the bed you make.

For the record: To those I've offended now, in the future, or in the past...I am sorry.

Well I’ll be damned, that’s the last thing I expected!

I checked the thread in question and didn’t find anything even closely resembling an apology, just a lot of name-calling. I supposed though you could have manned-up in another thread or perhaps via e-mail.

And don’t worry, I know my identity is safe. I’m hiding the last place you’d think to look: in plain sight.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Edited by TB69