New Simond belay device?

Jens

I saw em' in a shop for 29 bucks yesterday. I played with it for a while. It looked cool. Anyone use one yet? How is it? Have you tried all the functions drawn on the back? It's to bad simond gear is so hard to get around here. It is better than Black Diamond. They have a hugely comprehensive line of gear and they sponsor the best climbers in the world.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I've seen that thing at REI as well. It's supposed to be a reverso knock off. Basically the same concept but the swivel portion is supposed to allow you to unlock the device easier when top belaying someone with the device tied to the anchor. Personally when my reverso is anchored in and my partner is climbing up, the key word in that is "up". smile.gif

My impressions: Large and bulky, possibly confusing for people to use if they aren't familiar with reverso style belay devices and I'm not sure about the swivel joint, seems like it could fail (probably not, but still...)