Media Bias Revealed - Part XXIV

Fairweather

:pagetop:

Looks like most of the senate agrees with.....me. Dems included. MooovOn.org crossed the line.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297498,00.html

Should they be banished/banned? Hell no! Unlike brotha Matt, I think an informed public can decide for themselves.

The best part of this whole scandal is how the "fair and balanced" NYT offered a heavily-discounted rate for this ad. No, there's no bias there whatsoever. :rolleyes:

this link, posted above, contradicts your statement:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/18/cheney-jumps-into-fray-over-moveon-ad/

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike my brothers Fairweather and KK, I actually BELIEVE that the public should be given fair and balanced information. Fairweather believes that the public airwaves (not private cable channels) should run propaganda which is presented as "fact" (but only if it is slanted in a direction HE favors, of course).

For his part, KK apparently cannot even be bothered to read a newspaper and cries that it shows bias for the NYT to publish a paid political add from MoveONn. The NYT did not give MoveOn any discount. Do you think KK would be complaining if the add were not run by some liberal assclowns.

going around fox news? well if a story's been going around it must be the bible truth.

The same old, tired, cliched response. You guys are laughable.

Fox news (which I don't actually watch you dickweed) is biased. Why? Because you say so. It's a tautology.

The NYT is, of course, NOT biased. How dare anyone make such a ridiculous claim. After all, everything in the NYT is true! Obviously! Because the bias in the NYT conforms to your world view. But wait, that's essentially what you just accused all the "fox news" watchers of doing. And that's what you accuse them of doing repeatedly, over and over, as your favorite knee-jerk response to any skepticism of any story in the news that threatens your fragile world view. :laf:

Unlike my brothers Fairweather and KK, I actually BELIEVE that the public should be given fair and balanced information. Fairweather believes that the public airwaves (not private cable channels) should run propaganda which is presented as "fact" (but only if it is slanted in a direction HE favors, of course).

What are you proposing here, with regards the presentation of "fair and balanced" coverage on broadcast media?

going around fox news? well if a story's been going around it must be the bible truth.

Fox news (which I don't actually watch you dickweed) is biased. Why? Because you say so. It's a tautology.

The NYT is, of course, NOT biased. How dare anyone make such a ridiculous claim. After all, everything in the NYT is true! Obviously! Because the bias in the NYT conforms to your world view. But wait, that's essentially what you just accused all the "fox news" watchers of doing. And that's what you accuse them of doing repeatedly, over and over, as your favorite knee-jerk response to any skepticism of any story in the news that threatens your fragile world view. :laf:

Just ask Jayson Blair. He'll personally vouch for the NYT.

Not only can't you read a newspaper, you can't read cc.com either. I've argued that the cries of "liberal media bias" have been bogus, for sure, but I don't remember many times when anybody here argued that the NYT w had no bias. I'd say they do a better job than a lot of outfits, but clearly they are biased toward printing what BUSH wants them to print - and have been - since the day he was first elected.

What are you proposing here, with regards the presentation of "fair and balanced" coverage on broadcast media?

I didn't offer a proposal because I don't have one. In the context of that specific incident Fairweather keeps referring to (Path to 911), I DID say that we should not see propaganda passed off as documentary on channel 5 - and I opined that maybe execs should be punished. I really don't know how it might or should work, but I agree with what TVTK said that (1) there should be higher journalistic standards, and (2) the independence of the press needs better protection.

""Looks like most of the senate agrees with.....me. Dems included. MooovOn.org crossed the line.""

damn straight, that's the DNC, Emmanuel's war supporting machine, they aren't liberal or conservative, they are just corporate money mongers. JUST LIKE THE CORPORATE MEDIA!!!

The liberal conservative conflict is a false dichotomy designed to distract the uneducated masses from the real crimes going on.

90% of the corporate media is owned by 5 large corps strongly tied to the military industrial banking complex. Sure you'll get a lot of liberal bias because journalists come from institutes of higher learning, which are by and large liberal. And this bias is largely on token points like abortion, gun control etc. You will not get the hardcore liberal stances like anti war because it's not in the media's corporate owner's best interests.

As an example the recent anti-war protests in DC, about 100,000 protesters, about 150 pro war counter protesters. The corp media barely mentioned the event and by and large didn't mention the 100,000. Just that there were protesters on either side, like they might have had equal numbers.

The nightly news used to be all "hard" news. It's been reduced to about 3min of hard news, the rest is human interest, sports, entertainment. So much BS. Fox news even won a court case in Florida that said it was permissible to lie. When 2 of their reporters were doing an expose on the drug industry they pulled the plug and lied about the expose.

Most people get their news from the TV, the TV news is garbage and the corps control it 100%. Orwell was prescient just a little bit off on the year. It's an alternate reality, a place where someone like dumbya bush is actually competent enough to be president.

Until their editorial board chooses to hurl Judith Miller screaming off the top floor of the building, the NYT really can't be labelled a font of liberal thought. While the paper has allowed Paul Krugman's column to run these past seven years, they've otherwise downsized, downplayed and undercut every strong liberal voice in the paper.

Blame it on the military-industrial complex, the Zionists or Dick Cheney's urine flavored Koolaid, the NYT were instrumental in leading the country to war and as such are not part of the great liberal media conspiracy.

JayB, didn't you know Seattle is a majority "liberal" town? There's a lot of us out here with these very same viewpoints. But I'm sort of diverse, social liberal, fiscal conservative.

Fairweather is in the minority on the entire west coast pretty much. Move to Idaho Fairweather, over there with the hyper-hypocritical CONservative closeted pervs, or should I say "stalled" pervs.

JayB, didn't you know Seattle is a majority "liberal" town? There's a lot of us out here with these very same viewpoints. But I'm sort of diverse, social liberal, fiscal conservative.

Fairweather is in the minority on the entire west coast pretty much. Move to Idaho Fairweather, over there with the hyper-hypocritical CONservative closeted pervs, or should I say "stalled" pervs.

What is it that makes you a fiscal conservative while a social "liberal," in the modern American parlance? How does such a being approach questions like welfare reform and the like?

Edited to include:

In you conversations with your compatriots in the ideological majority, have you found a broad sympathy for your views on the various entities - Builderburgs, The Illuminati, etc - that you have claimed both exist and exert a significant degree of influence over the course of history?

Watch out for the attacks

Can't wait for someone to say that it's not wal-mart's fault for selling poisoned toys. I mean come on just because you cut corners to save money(in this case selling cheap-unsafe toys) doesn't mean you are responsible when stuff goes wrong. Can you really blame drug dealers when someone OD's *sarcastic sniff*

"Yeah but moveon.org doesn't poison any children's toys with lead paint."

Yes. They were manufactured by Walmart and wound up exclusively on their shelves.

Their logistics capabilities, shipping/distribution infrastructure, and generosity didn't put substantial quantities of relief supplies into the epicenter of Katrina days before the government got its act together, either.

Glad it makes you feel better, though.