Trash left at Camp Harris on Mt Baker

annyomous_coward

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FW-

Murkwood is the local name for "Glacier Viewpoint".

Glacier Viewpoint is actually above the camp. To reach the camp, you must walk down from Glacier Viewpoint on the moraine to the flat heavily forested area.

The official name of the area is Harrison Camp, not Camp Harris. The camp has been used by local guide services for years. The guides dubbed it Mirkwood in honor of the dark mossy nature of the camp. Tolkien was probably popular when they first started visiting the camp some years ago.

Jason

Yah I know its hard for some people to be constructive with their comments, and when you could be climbing your mocking instead. I'm a member of the Seattle Mounties branch and forwarded this to someone that I know in Tacoma and he has agreed to pass this on to create some awareness. ; - )

How dare anonymous_coward post this here in the hopes of reminding the people who possibly left their trash up there. I mean, someone overly sensitive could misinterpret it and think they're being wrongly accused and lectured. That would be horrible.

cry.gif

And how much of a chance does he think he has in getting the appropriate people's attention?

I'm a member of the Seattle Mounties branch and forwarded this to someone that I know in Tacoma and he has agreed to pass this on to create some awareness. ; - )

Oh, wait...

Hey Cascade Climbers~

This past weekend I ran into a large group of Tacoma Mountaineers and Seattle Mountaineers at Camp Harris/Murkwood camp on the Northside of Mt Baker.

There was a large amount of trash left hanging in a tree below were this group was camped.

Being a climber and enviromentalist I would like to remind people to make sure this doesn't happen again. I know sometimes people get in a hurry and forget things but the amount of trash left behind was unexpectable in my mind.

Thanks.... for listening and just be more aware

You sound like yet another condescending environmentalist with unacceptable manners and lagging intellect. Pick up the shit and STFU.

FW's true hypocrytical colors come screaming through in technocolor.

BTW, try a penis extension next time. It'll prolly help you self-esteem more than flying your ass hole flag on the internet.

Edited by Winter

On our hike out on the Goodell Creek trail, Erik and I found this goody bag full of trash at the 4.5mile campspot. A bit farther down the trail towards the car I found a punctured bag of blue chemical ice, now there is a major blue stain from than on the trail.

4472Pickets_resize38.jpg

Good timing on this thread