• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
dinomyte

FOUND: New Testament on Three Fingered Jack

I shit you not!

I found a small copy of The Holy Bible on the scree slopes off the west side of Jack.

Can't imagine that it's worth much, but guess the color and it's yours! cantfocus.gif

Gideons are usually red and you can replace them for free from a motel if you lose them.

Starless and Bible Black is a good route in Australia that I would like to climb.

Interestingly, none of you got the color right. And, since I'm clearly keeping it, I'll tell you:

It was camo!

Heh. Well, it might have originally been green, but like I said, it had some brown on it now, so I call it camo!

Dood, did you see any golden tablets laying aournd or any burning bushes? Which mountain was it that Moses hiked up?

It wasn't the Book of Mormon and it was Mt. Sinai wink.gif

As long as we're getting the facts straight, perhaps you should tell him about the difference between the Old Testament (Moses et al) and the New Testament that was found smile.gif.

Other important distinctions - I'd have to guess that most Christians don't get too offended about abject treatment of physical copies of the Bible - it's nothing more than ink and paper - that's why they leave them in Hotels....this thread would be far more inflammatory if it were the Koran.

They leave them in Hotels so that when you are stuck with no reading material in some mediocre hotel, you will read the Word of God while sitting on the crapper. It has nothing to do with physical treatment of the book and everything to do with marketing.

As long as we're getting the facts straight, perhaps you should tell him about the difference between the Old Testament (Moses et al) and the New Testament that was found smile.gif.

Other important distinctions - I'd have to guess that most Christians don't get too offended about abject treatment of physical copies of the Bible - it's nothing more than ink and paper - that's why they leave them in Hotels....this thread would be far more inflammatory if it were the Koran.

No shit; ask the Danes about that one!