Anyone know about the Arcteryx Alpha Comp Hoody?

thatcher

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Alpha comp hoody is my favorite piece- waterproof on the shoulders and hood and soft shell everywhere else- Perfect for ice climbing, alpine climbing etc... Not a waterproof shell but rarely is that needed.

Cheers,

Dale

Best jacket in the universe. I have had mine for two years and I hardly ever take Gore Tex into the mountains anymore. This jacket is the closest thing to the Holy Grail I have found yet. Great breathability, great fit, great function. It is worth every penny.

Arc'teryx jacket - cut well, well detailed, nice fabrics, hefty pricetag.

$450 jackets with cool brand logos are de rigeur for volcano slogs and those chilly evening walks on Venice Beach. You'll look smashing darling. I say go for it.

Only if you are fat balding, with a short penis.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

just picked one up at mgear for $239, trading up from my previous all soft-shell jacket (Cloudveil Ice Floe). I really liked the performance of the Cloudveil jacket (Schoeller Dryskin Extreme), but the fit and weight left something to be desired. Cloudveil advertised the weight as 19 oz., but on my scale (digital kitchen scale) it was 24 oz. The Alpha Comp Hoody weighs in at 17.4 oz, as advertized. The only performance hooded softshell I know of that is lighter is the Patagonia Ready Mix (15 oz), which I considered.