TelemarkTwits.com

E-rock

Skiing is an aspect of climbing, and I'm all for it, but it's hardly the main focus of this site. Now if somebody went for a tumble skiing down Liberty Ridge I bet there would be a big brouhaha.

How come you choose a style of skiing that pretty much makes you a granola chewing whiny ass vegan when you could be on AT gear and be a hot rippin chick? (if you are a female) wazzup.gif

Hello, my name is mtn mouse. snaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gif I am a telemarker. For years I didn't know it was wrong. I have tried to stop, but... Once I tried AT, but I felt so...dirty. Perhaps I can get good telemarkTips from Foghorn on how to stop?? wave.gif

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come you choose a style of skiing that pretty much makes you a granola chewing whiny ass vegan when you could be on AT gear and be a hot rippin chick? (if you are a female) wazzup.gif

Admit it, AlpineK, you've been lurking over there at Telemarktips. Because if your response isn't the most quintessential Ttips post, I don't know what is.

And WTF, why would a real live climber care if I tele or AT?

Admit it, AlpineK, you've been lurking over there at Telemarktips. Because if your response isn't the most quintessential Ttips post, I don't know what is

It consisted of 1 sentance containing 1 emoticon. Nope, not ttips material. He has much to learn about bloviating, navel gazing, and mindless enthusiasm.

so, are you attacking people in some random forum because you are a badass, or as some ironic punishment?

I'm big into the tele singles scene. It is one of the best way to meet people, telemarkers are just more intelligent people. And the chicks are so hot, something about the motion of a tele skier gets my juices flowing.

Admit it, AlpineK, you've been lurking over there at Telemarktips. Because if your response isn't the most quintessential Ttips post, I don't know what is

It consisted of 1 sentance containing 1 emoticon. Nope, not ttips material. He has much to learn about bloviating, navel gazing, and mindless enthusiasm.

so, are you attacking people in some random forum because you are a badass, or as some ironic punishment?

Wow. I have been attacking people in my posts here at Spray? I can see why you rarely post on the OT Forum at Telemarktips -- you're way too sensitive. But this Spray forum seems to be better suited for your delicate feelings, Carl.

I'm big into the tele singles scene. It is one of the best way to meet people, telemarkers are just more intelligent people. And the chicks are so hot, something about the motion of a tele skier gets my juices flowing.

Not true:

9553enum.jpg

Pretty obvious what gets your juices flowing. hellno3d.gif

I can see why you rarely post on the OT Forum at Telemarktips -- you're way too sensitive. But this Spray forum seems to be better suited for your delicate feelings, Carl.

No, not to sensitive smileysex5.gif I prefer my spray sophmoric hall banter, not the freshman debate team smirk.gif

Besides, cc.com has better emoticons mushsmile.gifHCL.gifthe_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gifwazzup.gifsnugtop.gifyoda.gifhellno3d.gif

Let's make one thing CLEAR here. There's nothing wrong with telemarking, the mode of skiing (albeit extremely inefficient and completely counter to its origins today). There are plenty of badass telemarkers ripping it up in all conditions. The topic here is how lame telemarktips is. Though perhaps we might as well have a topic on how blue the sky is. I bet there's a 50 page thread on it on telemarktips.

Dudes! Help a brutha OUT! I just finished college in the VT and I'm off to Utah. I got a phat river guiding job in Green River then I'm gonna be STOKIN' it at ALTA this winter, brah! Anyone got any tips for an east-coast transplant. Any TWATs wanna hook up and have some brews this summer, drop me a PM. I'll be living in a Westfalia in the tent-shanty north of Green River. If you're ever in green river, just ask for Smokey with the red Vanagon with the rocket box covered in teletwats stickers. Right ON! Let's got drunk on cheap whiskey, pass out in the dirt and spoon, while we dream of how SICK alta's gonna be this winter!

LOL yelrotflmao.gifwave.gifthumbs_up.gifsmileysex5.gifsnugtop.gif,

Smokey