musical talent?

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a custom Koa Scheerhorn Weissenborn-style acoustic lap steel guitar upon which I perform weak imitations of David Lindley and Ben Harper. I also play normal guitar, abnormal guitar, a little mandola here, a little djembe there. And I own an open-back banjo, but I can't play it, despite having the best intentions to learn clawhammer.

I own a custom Koa Scheerhorn Weissenborn-style acoustic lap steel guitar upon which I perform weak imitations of David Lindley and Ben Harper. I also play normal guitar, abnormal guitar, a little mandola here, a little djembe there. And I own an open-back banjo, but I can't play it, despite having the best intentions to learn clawhammer.

You are a fucking stud.

Here I was all happy about my bass playing. I suck. cry.gif

No you don't. Bass is the best. When I was in a band back in the day, I got to switch off and play bass in one set. Bass is really fun to play. We had one song that started out with a guitar intro over six bars, and the bass held off. I used to watch people in the audience, and when I got to drop in on the seventh bar with the bottom end, people would start twitching involuntarily, then they'd break out dancing. It was an autonomic response when that bottom end dropped into their belly. Deep groove, baby. There's nothing more satisfying than riding that at the controls of a Fender Jazz Bass. You dont suck in Cafe Sensitivo, cause playing bass rockband.gif, and you rockband.gif.

No you don't. Bass is the best. When I was in a band back in the day, I got to switch off and play bass in one set. Bass is really fun to play. We had one song that started out with a guitar intro over six bars, and the bass held off. I used to watch people in the audience, and when I got to drop in on the seventh bar with the bottom end, people would start twitching involuntarily, then they'd break out dancing. It was an autonomic response when that bottom end dropped into their belly. Deep groove, baby. There's nothing more satisfying than riding that at the controls of a Fender Jazz Bass. You dont suck in Cafe Sensitivo, cause playing bass rockband.gif, and you rockband.gif.

Wow.

I used to play the berimbau when I was practicing capoeira.

-Mike

O berimbau ta me chamando pro jogar.

Angola or Regional?

I aspired to play bass once. My dream was that Geddy Lee would hear me and say to me, "You don't suck too badly."