• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Weekend_Climberz

Exit 38 Wed. after work

Trying to get some people together (read: someone to belay me and who wants to belay) to go out Wednesday afternoon after work and do some climbing. Maybe an every week thing now that the time change has taken hold. Leave town around 4:00, should be climbing by 5:00.

CBS, did I beat you to the draw?

That was my plan almost exactly. Wednesday is supposed to have the best weather this week. Which spot shall we hit this time? The mighty Gritscone? smirk.gif

I'm thinking this week we should go out for burgers at the North Bend Bar and Grill after climbing. Might not want to if we go to Pub Club on Tuesday, though.

Unfortunately I have to work my other job the next few nights, so I won't be making pub club. I'm basically screwing them for Wednesday night (that's back at them cause they're screwing me for having to work).

Wednesday Showers likely. Highs in the 50s. Light wind becoming west to 10 mph in the afternoon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday Night Partly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows in the mid 30s to lower 40s. Northwest wind to 10 mph in the evening becoming light.

What happened to the forecast??

Just got back. It was pretty wet everywhere except Nevermind Wall and the 5.9 route that goes up to the right was wet at the top. It was so slimy we couldn't finish it.

We did do a 5.10c and 5.10a that were dry. We climbed until it was dark.

And then I went back to work at my old job for a few hours...

When will the madness stop!!! snaf.gif

OMG. That is just sick, man, sick! hellno3d.gif Edited by catbirdseat

Again this week?

I have a few friends who get off work earlier that should be able to go in and snag a few routes before we get their this week. Considering we were the only group out there last week maybe that's not a big issue though.

Is this going to happen tomorrow? The weather looks great. cool.gif

Where are y'all going to meet/climb?

I can get away early and have space if anyone in Seattle needs a ride.

wave.gif

My group will carpool from Issaquah Park and Ride NW Corner at 4:30 pm. We plan to visit the Far Side. Probably will hit Interstate Park area. I want to check out four new routes in an area known as Off Ramp.

I'm keen to check out Neverland (X38 Far Side), but I'll go with the flow...