Johnny_Tuff

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the Diamond-C had to go...

Some young bucks that started climbing in the mid-90's remarked about the diamond-c on some of my gear, "hey, that's a total rip-off of the BD logo!" I whipped out a couple of gear slings with Great Pacific Iron Works tags on 'em and gave the fellas a 15-second history lesson.

Of course the Diamond-C had to go...

Some young bucks that started climbing in the mid-90's remarked about the diamond-c on some of my gear, "hey, that's a total rip-off of the BD logo!" I whipped out a couple of gear slings with Great Pacific Iron Works tags on 'em and gave the fellas a 15-second history lesson.

Wanna sell any of that chouinard/GIPW stuff? wave.gif

I love it whenever I get a chance to do that. yellaf.gif

I gave away a full set of the original diamond-C hexentrics to one of our more cerebral friends on this board (I kept another "almost full" set). It was my understanding he was going to give them to one of his more appreciative climbing students/protoges, a la Grasshopper of Kung Fu fame. I hope when that kid is finally able to "snatch the pebble from his hand", that he appreciates the gift and its inherent significance.