2 slots available for enchantments

matt_warfield

My party of 4 has turned into a party of 2 for the Enchantments (Snow Creek entry/exit) over 9/7-9/10 (3 nights). Is there a party of 2 that would like to "join" our party and use the remaining 2 permits? We're going in early on 9/7 (6:00 a.m. ish). We would prefer 2 lovely ladies, or next best 2 ugly guys (to reduce competition for lovely ladies already in the basin), but will accept inquries from other interested parties as well.

We don't really want competition on the S. Face Beckey-Davis route on Prusik Pk. on Sunday, but otherwise don't care what the joining party's agenda is, as long as they abide by the regulations and don't bring heat on us.

Contact me at mjw4169@yahoo.com

matt warfield

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean that all of you hardmen (or women) also ignore the permit system in Boston Basin and elsewhere in Washington? Are the trail-cops more wily and hardy in some other places? Anybody been arrested?

And I can play the game if necessary. Got away with a "daytrip" into Dragontail starting at about 4:00 p.m. a few years back. No rangers bivvied up on the peak.....

quote:

Originally posted by matt warfield:

I can appreciate that there are those that neither believe in nor participate in the permit system. However, I always try for permits in advance and, if successful, do it that way so you don't have to act like a fugitive. I have been in there about 6 times now over 10 years or so and was only forced to be dissident once.

I was already in earlier this year (an embarrassment of riches for my group this year on permits) and appreciated being the only ones on Prusik on a weekend.

dude, have you met Scot'teryx yet? [Razz]

nardmen actually, hey ladies... check this dude out! [laf] he's reckless, and hey ugly dudes, he wants his slot filled... matts gettin a peice this weekend for sure! i wanna go in on sunday from the car so i can do prussik s. face, is that cool with you du? we'll be getting on a little later though, unless youre sleepin in after all the hanky panky you got goin on... [laf]

yo matt, its cool bro, no shit from me, i'm just having a good ol time, you know when some one says they gots slots to fill, its just funny you know? but seriosly, you know da deal its all about the beautiful rock, plus i dont know ka-rate, but i know ka-razy, so maybe well see ya up there,and can puff on top. enchantments and shiz... bp

No problem bp- I know you were just funning me. It's not like I haven't seen that ANY subject can be turned into sexual banter here.

Besides, there would be no hanky panky on the first night- you know, performance issues. And the second night it would be only with permit holders- I'm sure that is in the USFS regulations somewhere! [Wink]

BTW Beckey Davis is horrible. [Roll Eyes] You'll like the upper part of the chimney (and I dont mean the first 40 feet) go direct and bring your nuts or big bros.

Tell me what you think the last 25 foot of handcrack is at. Heheh [Wink] Kinda reminds me of that thin handcrack at index lots of people (I'm included) flails on. Sent it first but never since . I think the topo in the new Kearney book aint according to the original route (at least the first 3 pitches).

[ 08-26-2002, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

What's a permit????

i had the same question greg. being i have gone there for years without neary thought of having to tell the man what i was doing...i mean hiking on public land needs a permit?? next thing you know they will prolly attempt to charge you to park at trail heads and the such....what is this world coming too???

m.w. if they heat sees you coming walk off the trail and xcountry hike......the last portly ranger i saw was busy rubbing their feet after that brutal hike to colchuck.....

I can appreciate that there are those that neither believe in nor participate in the permit system. However, I always try for permits in advance and, if successful, do it that way so you don't have to act like a fugitive. I have been in there about 6 times now over 10 years or so and was only forced to be dissident once.

I was already in earlier this year (an embarrassment of riches for my group this year on permits) and appreciated being the only ones on Prusik on a weekend.