Car camping around whistler this weekend?

downfall

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always the overnight parking lot. You can stay there for free. I used to do it a lot. It's not exactly a "camp site" with a firepit and picnic table, but if you just want to sleep there, then it's alright. Lot of people stay in their RVs there and folks in cars too. Too many nights of that gets a little too damp and cold though.

Google works in canada? wink.gif

I guess I was looking for info on National Forest type campgrounds or whatever the equivalent is in BC as well as recommendations from people who have stayed at these places in winter rather than just going off some random website search. Sorry if I was less than clear.

If you continue on past Whistler, past Green lake, look for a turnout to your right. This is the Wedge trail turnout, and is signed. Just cross the bridge and camp there by the river for free.

10-15 minutes from the skiers daylots.

Edited by pale

My cousin & I did this the other weekend, what to do is find some friends that are renting a house and just show up to use their shower & kitchen & hottub & sleep in your truck. Hopefully they will be cool with your choice of "lifestyle", if'n so, they are some good friends, if they aren't so keen on the idea, buy them some PBR or some Canadian equivalent like Molson.