Mt. Snoqualmie, Crooked Couloir

AlpineK

Christian, Jeff, and I skied the Crooked couloir yesterday (4/3).

The weather was great. We left the parking lot at 8:30 and were at the top of the ski at 11:30. The snow has a hard crust, which made the uphill go pretty well, though ski crampons would have helped. Skiing down the couloir was fun; right at the crux we skied through a shady area and the snow was icy.

The ski down the Phantom slide was nice. The south facing slopes got mushier as you got lower; I started to punch through the crust near the bottom. We skied the waterfall to finish.

I would like to beat my chest a little... I've now skied every aspect of Mt. Snoqualmie. In fact I an now Mr. Mt. Snoqualmie. Taking a page from GregM, I think I will rename the mountain to Mt. Kurt. tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0[laf]

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by gregm:
BTW when is alpinek, erik, or somebody else from the peanut gallery going to write something in a ski rag for *me* to critique? i mean, like, why should you guys have all the fun?
smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

ONCE I feel the need to stroke my ego, i'll put together a nice piece that you can critque for me. i just rencelty got an offer to write for a mag you might have u nderstanding with "Seaseme Street" i gave them your name cuz i dont know how to make shit up........

and i wasnt critquing anything, just pointing out obvious errors...thats called proof reading!!!

enjoy