• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
archenemy

Geek magnet

Is there such a thing as a geek magnet? Are geeks attracted to a certain type of chick?
They ain't biting? Maybe time to switch from flies to worms.

Is there such a thing as a geek magnet? Are geeks attracted to a certain type of chick?

The type of chick that subconciously reminds geek of mother.

The type of chick that subconciously reminds geek of mother.

or of mother boards

I think "geek" encompasses many different types of people. In my last job I worked with a bunch of software testers and developers, all of whom would probably be considered geeks.

I found they were quite varied, though. Many were potbellied and geeky looking, but others clearly worked out, a bunch of rode motorcycles. My coworker, who looked like the classic geek--fat, balding, glasses--was a really cool guy with 4 kids and scads of grandchildren.

Some people start in other fields and end up in "geek" fields. And/or have hobbies that are more right brain.

So, what attracts "geeks" likely varies as much as they. Except for the usual guy things, of course.

I think "geek" encompasses many different types of people. In my last job I worked with a bunch of software testers and developers, all of whom would probably be considered geeks.

I found they were quite varied, though. Many were potbellied and geeky looking, but others clearly worked out, a bunch of rode motorcycles. My coworker, who looked like the classic geek--fat, balding, glasses--was a really cool guy with 4 kids and scads of grandchildren.

Some people start in other fields and end up in "geek" fields. And/or have hobbies that are more right brain.

So, what attracts "geeks" likely varies as much as they. Except for the usual guy things, of course.

dude, way too much thought went into that.

Typically geeks are attracted to anyone who doesn't have a restraining order against them.

yep...the ones that say yes...

I just don't think its true that men will have sex with anything that moves.

Movement isn't necessary.

clearly, it's this attitude that has given sp'ed his reputation for being great in bed or in his case, outstanding in his field. rolleyes.gif

Define geek.

There's the traditional geek who escapes to a fantasy world of SW,ST,LotR,HP,Anime,etc., plays video games, owns and monitors the latest and greatest technological marvels, and diets excusively on ramen and pop.

I am not this geek.

I just don't think its true that men will have sex with anything that moves.

Movement isn't necessary.

clearly, it's this attitude that has given sp'ed his reputation for being great in bed or in his case, outstanding in his field. rolleyes.gif

You couldn't handle my moves.

yep...the ones that say yes...

OH WAIT!! THAT'S ME!!!! ERRR strike that