patching Schoeller fabrics

sketchfest

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been taking all my cut stuff to mountain soles... they take forever to sew things (2 weeks!) but I just have them zig zag it shut and then I coat the threads with seam sealer. It looks tacky but it works.

They offered to sew patches over two particularly large holes... I took them up on it (as it was only 10 bucks for 2 patches)... crappy job! The patches were a joke so I just cut them off.

Speaking of does anyone know of anyone else in/around PDX that does repair/alterations?

I recently poked a very small hole in the back leg of my scholler climbing pants with my crampon. Is there anyway to patch this hole to keep it fom getting any bigger and ruining the pants?

Holes in schoeller don't get bigger. I popped a little rip in the knee of my Scoeller pants 6 years ago and it's still the same size.

• 2 weeks later...

I take two pieces of wax paper and two pieces of hard flat board and I apply seam seal to the hole and then sandwich it with the wax paper and then the wood and clamp it over night. The repairs that I have done this way have lasted years and years, and they are perfectly flat.