domestic spying

lummox

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've noticed that the Republicans seem to be more upset about this than the Democrats. What's up with that? The Dems are supposed to be the upholders of liberty and freedom. The Repubs are traditionally the law and order party.

Thats because Jorge has fckd their party worse than Nixon. Now they're just trying to look righteous. Fck em they followed the idiot like a pack of lemmings.

529858-lemming2.gif.a8243e3be6545420842e6ee94e572f39.gif

I've noticed that the Republicans seem to be more upset about this than the Democrats. What's up with that? The Dems are supposed to be the upholders of liberty and freedom. The Repubs are traditionally the law and order party.

I have always perceived the Republicans as wanting government to be less into people's lives. But then again...a lot of the Republicans were for the so called "Patriot Act."

I've noticed that the Republicans seem to be more upset about this than the Democrats. What's up with that?

Simple - the Republicans are upset because news like this will make it harder for them come next year's mid-term elections, whereas Democrats are glad that Dubya keeps looking worse and alienating even some of his core constituents because it helps them in those same elections. It's a classic strategy: "give 'em enough rope."

I have always perceived the Republicans as wanting government to be less into people's lives. But then again...a lot of the Republicans were for the so called "Patriot Act."

As well as telling kids what language they have to speak in school, telling adults what gender they have to marry, telling women what children they have to have, telling schools what religions they have to teach, and on and on and on and on and on

"It appears a federal judge has resigned an appointed post in disagreement over President Bush's authorization of a domestic spy program. U.S. District Judge James Robertson was one of 11 members of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, known as FISA, until he sent his letter of resignation to Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts today. The Washington Post reported that the letter gave no reason for the resignation but said it was in protest over the president's secret authorization of the warrantless domestic spying program.

"This was definitely a statement of protest," said Scott Silliman, a former Air Force attorney and Duke University law professor. "It is unusual because it signifies that at least one member of the court believes that the president has exceeded his legal authority."

link