Injuries without Dignity

snugtop

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drunken tobogganing: my brother gets going wicked fast on spring neve, he's riding one of those rubber dish drying racks, you know the ones with grooves/speedfins, can't stop, has to bail. He's wearing *shorts* They get ripped off, along with both of his ass cheeks. Couldn't work for a week, never mind even sit down rockband.gif

Boyfriend: 250lbs

Girlfriend: 130 lbs

Dude leads, misses a clip.

Chick's long hair gets fed through ATC. Screams

Dude sketches out because girl is screaming. He falls.

She goes flyin up, he decks. Her hair gets ripped out. He breaks ankle.

Sport climbing rulz bigdrink.gif

Silly canadians. That's James Earl Jones in one of those god bless america tom clancy movies. Whenever there is a threat to the security of The United States of America, you would hear that line from him.

Along with:

"The course of action I suggest is a course of action I cannot suggest."

etc. (insert other non-statements here)

I relate to the hair deal. I wear my hair in two braids when I climb. Many, many years ago I was rapping off a climb and was right under an overhang--just floating out there. I looked down over my right shoulder while rapping, and my left braid went through the ATC. I was stuck midair with my body hunched to the left and braid in the device when I realized I was going to have to cut half my hair off.

Fuck that.

I tied off (sorta) and grabbed the rope with both hands, yanked my body upward, and pulled the braid out by contorting myself in strange and unnatural ways.

Cirque de soleil watch out!

I relate to the hair deal. I wear my hair in two braids when I climb. Many, many years ago I was rapping off a climb and was right under an overhang--just floating out there. I looked down over my right shoulder while rapping, and my left braid went through the ATC. I was stuck midair with my body hunched to the left and braid in the device when I realized I was going to have to cut half my hair off.

Fuck that.

I tied off (sorta) and grabbed the rope with both hands, yanked my body upward, and pulled the braid out by contorting myself in strange and unnatural ways.

Cirque de soleil watch out!

yep--i've witnessed this before. unfortunately, the victim couldn't figure out what to do rolleyes.gif i think most women with long hair have lost at least a few pieces to the belay device. it hurts cry.gif

Freshman year of college I pulled an all nighter and didn't eat for around 16 hrs... I went to Biology 101 in the AM and passed out cold during a movie on human reproduction. yellaf.gif Woke up on the floor with the professor trying to rouse me to consciousness and in a puddle of blood as I bounced my chin off the floor. Campus Security came and took me to the hospital. Seven stitches.

I challenge you to find the dignity there.