Putting Jesus Christ back into the Holidays

olyclimber

I do.

nah, you really don't...think about the ramifications of it...

i can think of only one hypothetical situation where i'd go out of my way to kill someone in cold blood...

self defense is a little different...

There are no ramifications of just wishing. Doing is another story.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever listen to conservative talk radio during the holidays? Nearly every day you'll hear a story about how the liberals are trying to take Christ out of Christmas. When one is even allowed, we must refer to a former Christmas tree as a "winter tree", for example, and even then "P.C. liberals" and the ACLU are trying to have it removed. The average guy in the street can't understand all of the anti-Christmas fuss (neither can I), and after being bombarded with reports of how liberals are out to deny the rest of us our dear traditions, he must conclude that liberals are annoying little jerks with nothing better to do than bitch about how miserable they are that everybody else seems to enjoy the Christmas season.

It is precisely the BS I'm reading in this thread that causes middle America to swing to the right. That's sad, when liberals could be directing their energy toward more important issues.

Here is an article about an organization boycotting Target because there's not enough "Christmas" at their stores.

They just droppped their boycott agains Ford, who was previously advertising in gay magazines. Now that that's been stopped, I guess the lunatics can buy Fords again.

I'm sure Jesus would be very upset if he knew his followers were driving the same cars as gay people. rolleyes.gif

"I think it's more important to put Christ back into our war planning than into our Christmas cards," said the council's general secretary, the Rev. Bob Edgar

See, it's all about priorities.

LOL! KILLIN' FOR JESUS, BRING IT ON, BITCH the_finger.gif

YO... people. Read the freakin article and brush up on reading comprehension before you start going off half-horsecocked. madgo_ron.gif

Rev. Edgar is saying that he's more concerned about Bush's attitude toward the war than he is whether he says "Merry Christmas." Edgar is a CRITIC... do you hear me... a CRITIC of the Iraq war and the way it is being waged.

http://www.ncccusa.org/iraq/conscience.html

It's his way of asking "what would Jesus do?" and he doesn't think the answer is "nuke them." I don't either.

Before you go off patting yourself on your back that your morals are far superior to those "religious conservatives", you'd better find out what the *&%^ you're talking about.

Oh... and by the way - nice editing out archie of the fact that Edgar is a former Democratic congressman!

Here is an article about an organization boycotting Target because there's not enough "Christmas" at their stores.

Target's getting it from both sides. Liberals are calling for a boycott because Target allows their pharmacists to refuse to fill "emergency contraception" prescriptions on moral grounds.

There's always something to complain about. rolleyes.gif

I'll boycott Target when they raise their prices and stop selling a wide variety of stuff.