Care Package

espirita

I have a friend/coworker serving in Iraq, and he'll be there until probably next October. We are getting a care package together to send to him... I was just wondering if any of you have served in the military abroad, and if so, what kinds of things did you like in your care package? Or even if you weren't in the military, do you have any great ideas? Something not so obvious? I could always bake him cookies, but I'm sure many others will do that.

THANKS!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wankers one and all, well almost anyway.

Had a buddy who got back not too long ago and we sent lots of non-perishable, non-crunchable muncies. Beef jerky, peanut butter, tinned cookies, etc, along with a few magazines and lots and lots of books. They're heavy but they went over really well. They ended up in a kind communal library that got passed around.

A snippet from an email... the first part was mentioning that they get a lot of "thoughtful" packages with useless crap.

"...So if anyone you know wants to be thoughtful of soldiers in Iraq let them contact someone and ask what they need. If you would ask me I would say the one most important item and one that they do not sell in the PX is rechargeable batteries and small quick chargers that work on both 110 and 220 current for NIMH batteries. Soldiers use a lot of CD players and flashlights and never have enough batteries. Just some thoughts for those at home."