cch is fokked...

RuMR

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Listen, folks: Climbing has ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT YOUR OWN RISK AND GEAR FAILURES DO OCCUR ON BOTH PARTS.

This isn't an SUV, it's a cam. The manufacturers have disclaimers that are bulletproof. It's great they are replacing the cam, but gear inspection is ALWAYS you responsibility.

Glad you caught the defect. thumbs_up.gif

So by that account, maybe I'll start my own cam company and turn out a whole bunch of defective cams that will break in half or something when people fall on them. If people complain about it, I will tell them I'm not recalling them and they should have just inspected them a little closer.

Your argument has ZERO merit. CCH should be ashamed of themselves for not notifying the public of the problem.

Climbing has ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT YOUR OWN RISK AND GEAR FAILURES DO OCCUR ON BOTH PARTS

Buuullshit. Failures of properly used gear are pretty much unheard-of today. "Cut" ropes mean the sheath ripped, not that the rope sliced in two; broken 'biners always end up being cross-loaded or have their gates open; when gear pulls out it's almost always because the rock crumbled, not because the piece broke (exceptions are limited to tiny pieces rated for aid only). Ok, once in a long while a bad batch gets out of the factory and gets recalled, but instances of injuries from this stuff failing are so rare as to not be an issue.

Risk assessment sure is important, but failure of your gear (properly used, in decent shape) is the last safety element you have to worry about. If CCH has released a bunk product, they should get their thumbs out of their asses and get it properly recalled. In this case it sounds like the flaw is obvious, but hopefully no one will find out about it as they fidget at the crux after a long runout.