GEAR THEFT - LEAVENWORTH

gosolo

Lower johhny Creek CG. Woke up on 9/19 and found that my backpack with gear was missing. I was sleepin in the truck and it was near the rear bumper.

North Face red and purple Ice sac? sometin like that a big sucker they made like 6 yr ago.

inside:

New Metolius Fusion harness, Old metolius Big Rig.

Newer ATC's and Lockers (auto lockers HMS type)

La Sportive Fusion, Scarpa Dominator in size 10.5

La Sportiva Mythos ladies about size 7.

Rack:

FUCK

several HB offset. old ones

New set of Metolius Stoppers

Tricams first few sizes

CAMS

Mix of Metolius, WC and some Brand New Camalots, doubles up to Camalot size 4 I think.

Biners, some old and new, petzl Spirit, BD the small new ones dynatron? anod green.

the old ones may be Chouinard Lt D's stamped wi GO.

about 15 draws. mix of stuff.

SO this year I decide to buy a bunch of new cam as the old WC from he early 80s are gettin worn......

I been lurkin to see where this stuff might show up...

Also, two helmets. WTF is someone goin to do with this shit? Please PM me if you see the initials GO on an old biner or sometin........

I can go back to usin my old rack now. At least I trust it....But those damn HB's, now that pisses me off....

Edited by gosolo

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really a suxor thing to have happen to someone, but it begs the question, "How safe is our stuff in our rigs at Rope-up when we're out climbing?"

Do some cc.com'ers hang around to keep an eye on things, or what? Even with my HO insurance, it would still be a bitch to go about replacing all that shit acquired over 20-odd years or so...

In past years, there have been some spouses and sprayers hanging aroung the campsite during the day at ropeup, and I've felt pretty good about leaving my stuff unlocked and unattended. However, thefts in campgrounds are not unheard of -- take whatever you may think are appropriate precautions and don't rely on someone else to watch your stuff. I don't think anybody is going to be appointed security, but maybe that could be a lottery type thing and the "loser" has to sit around and not climb.

We should have a sticky with a list of places for people to look for their gear when it gets stolen (Second Ascent, etc). Perhaps with contacts (phone/email) so that the victim can call up and report this (like any gear that comes in with "go" on it).

And to follow up, the is a proven-effective deterent that I learned about in my Montana History class. 777 pitty.gif