How do you find the time??

Double_E

I was going to post this in that other thread ("bastard"), since we were talking about amounts of vacation time from various jobs/sectors.... but since that one drifted in so many directions, I'll start a new thread.

What I want to know is how you people spray all day and still HAVE jobs.... confused.gif I long ago stopped posting on CC.com at work (some lurking, no posting tho)...... FIRST of all cuz it eats up so much time and I wouldn't get shit done, and ALSO cuz my monitor is in full view of the cube hallway. My boss rarely if ever comes by to visit, but farting around on the 'net too much can also be bad for "coworker relations", shall we say.

Shit, I spend/waste enuf time just writing personal emails each day, but that can be done covertly ..... write it in Outlook, then quickly paste it into Yahoo Mail. evils3d.gif Oh, and I guess that's a THIRD reason I don't login here at work.... in case "they" end up tracing my CC.com login to my LAN login and find I say things like what I just said..... or stuff I post here which they might deem, for whatever reason, "unsavory". evils3d.gifblush.gif

(I've got today off, which is the only reason I'm saying ... er, spraying, ... all this.)grin.giffruit.gif

Oly, Archie, Selkirk, Knotzen, Dru, DeC..... I'm not even sure I totally believe you guys HAVE jobs... I figure you must work at night, and/or have private offices, and/or have the ability to time-warp, and/or work at places where you're SURE they don't monitor web traffic from client machines. (???)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I invest wisely. I make enough on my investments to live. I work because I choose to. I thought this job would be more challenging, but it isn't yet. In one week, I will finally get to start a project I have been prepping for since I started six months ago. In two months, I will be managing an acquisition that will take up a great deal of my time.

So buck up, soon, you won't be hearing from me much anymore.

Actually, I am just very efficient at my work. And my officemate spends 75% of his day on non-work web sites and e-mail, so I figure, what the heck, as long as I get my work done. Which I do (under the great burden of boredom).

And, you know, it keeps me connected. Grounded in the surreality that is life.

awwww.... cry.gif just when I was starting to think you were actually kinda cool..... (and by that I mean, well, something less than 100% bitch).... and even kinda funny sometimes too.

but what does my opinion count... I've only got a measely 636 posts. smirk.gif ...and I've never climbed anything harder than 5.10, and very possibly never will.

bigdrink.gifHCL.gifcheeburga_ron.gif

awwww.... cry.gif just when I was starting to think you were actually kinda cool..... (and by that I mean, well, something less than, 100% bitch).... and even kinda funny sometimes too.

but what does my opinion count... I've only got a measely 636 posts. smirk.gif ...and I've never climbed anything harder than 5.10, and very possibly never will.

bigdrink.gifHCL.gifcheeburga_ron.gif

The kinda cool thing is a total front.

And even if you can't improve your climbing numbers, you CAN improve your posting numbers here at cc.com. Welcome one, welcome all.

Except kNOTzen--get back to work!!!

Actually, if I must tell the truth, I am a successful surgeon and I post in between operations. They only schedule one or two a day, you know, so I have plenty of time.

And I don't really need to work--I'm fabulously wealthy. I just do it because I like cutting up people, and this way can do it legally.

Actually, if I must tell the truth, I am a successful surgeon and I post in between operations. They only schedule one or two a day, you know, so I have plenty of time.

And I don't really need to work--I'm fabulously wealthy. I just do it because I like cutting up people, and this way can do it legally.

yelrotflmao.gif Post of the Day!!!

I'm just a bored grad student who spends all day everyday working on my dissertation. I've found I can only talk to myself for so long before I get on my own nerves and would rather get on yours smile.gif

After 6 or 7 hours of sorting through variables to make sure they're consistant I feel like I want to kill someone. So come here to torment Knotzen! Will actually be teaching again in 3 weeks so back to semi-work!

You work on your dissertation all day every day? When I was working on my thesis, I worked on it for an hour every 3 or 4 days.

depends on the day. If not feeling focused it's pretty much pointless. But 4 or 5 days a week 6 to 7 hrs a day, with a few evenings thrown in working slowly. Trying to get it wrapped up and polished. I wasn't able to work on it much during the year (between active research, teaching a class, and managing 3 other sections, hiring issues, supply issues yada yada yada) So this summer has been all about the typing! cry.gifcry.gif Have thrown in a few teaching things though and some time working on my computer model, but in general I'm so bored with it I could shoot myself. There have been stretches where if it weren't for spray I could probably go for week and half without ever talking to anyone but my wife after she gets off work.