1 American = 100 other people

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Archaic usage matching your bombast, I see.

Word. Check it:

bombast (n.)

1568, "cotton padding," from O.Fr. bombace, from M.L. bambacem, acc. of bambax "cotton," from Gk. pambax, from Persian pambak "cotton." From stuffing and padding for clothes or upholstery, meaning extended to "pompous, empty speech" (1589).

No can do. I am the Ballanchine of Bombast....

The prince of propaganda?

Lex Luther of the Lexicon.

Maharaja of Malapropism

Emir of Erudition....

The Potentate of Pedantry, The Sachem of Sophistry

Caliph of Composition, Emperor of Eloquence, Lord of Loquacity, Monarch of Melifluousness, Viceroy of Volubility, Windsor of Wit, Duke of Declamation, Ceasar of Circumlocution, Onassis of Oratory, Ramses of Rhetoric, Jehovah of Jeremiads, Alexander of Allegory, Viscount of Verbiage, Patriarch of Profundity, Monarch of Metaphor...

I read something once describing the impact of contractions in the US on lessd eveloped countries. The sad fact is that even small contraction in the US economy do have significant impacts on lives elsewhwere. If Katrina was to trigger a large contraction people will die in other countries merely because of reduced US economic activity.

Sorry to bring realism into the thread.....

No can do. I am the Ballanchine of Bombast....

The prince of propaganda?

Lex Luther of the Lexicon.

Maharaja of Malapropism

Emir of Erudition....

The Potentate of Pedantry, The Sachem of Sophistry

Caliph of Composition, Emperor of Eloquence, Lord of Loquacity, Monarch of Melifluousness, Viceroy of Volubility, Windsor of Wit, Duke of Declamation, Ceasar of Circumlocution, Onassis of Oratory, Ramses of Rhetoric, Jehovah of Jeremiads, Alexander of Allegory, Viscount of Verbiage, Patriarch of Profundity, Monarch of Metaphor...

Pasha of Priapism!

I read something once describing the impact of contractions in the US on lessd eveloped countries. The sad fact is that even small contraction in the US economy do have significant impacts on lives elsewhwere. If Katrina was to trigger a large contraction people will die in other countries merely because of reduced US economic activity.

Sorry to bring realism into the thread.....

by the same logic Bush's budget deficits are killing thousands of unborn babies

What??!! No link from the Rear Admiral? Sacre' bleu! shocked.gif

1 American = 1 European = 100 brown people

well, the average american weighs about as much as 100 brown people!

what the hell's so unusual about people thinking that shit that's happening in their community is more important than what's happened anywhere else? seems like human nature to me...