Airplane pulling the banner over Seattle right now

olyclimber

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious if any old message can be pulled across the city skies (at least for Seattle) or if there is a limit.

You see advertisements and things like "Katy Smith, will you marry me?" but this is the first instance of propaganda I can recall. Next one to be seen: "Bush: talk to Cindy." hellno3d.gif

I certainly would hate to see the skies running rampant with propaganda messages. Advertisements are bad enough.

Free speech is freedom to advertise.

I understand. Hell, I even read our Constitution. It doesn't mention advertising, but it doesn't mention not yelling "fire" in a movie theater either.

Fortunately, free speech also means I can bitch about this bs.

Does the banner have the name of the group on it? I'd love to give them a call right now (since I am not doing anything useful at work...)

I even read our Constitution. It doesn't mention advertising, but it doesn't mention not yelling "fire" in a movie theater either.

Umm, yeah. Because as we know, the summer box-office smash, which won the Academy Award for best picture in 1789 was....

OMG I feel

sofa

ging

stu

pid

a russian group said last year they had the technology to advertise from space. just imagine sitting at your fav bivy spot and there it is, you just can't escape it. it is not an issue of free speech, clearly, and referring to specific words written >200 years ago to decide issue like that is an argument that only numbskulls would make. you're welcome. wave.gif

it is not an issue of free speech, clearly, and referring to specific words written >200 years ago to decide issue like that is an argument that only numbskulls would make. you're welcome. wave.gif

I think Dru was right to bring it up in this argument. But hell, he's a Canadian, right?

We let the words that were written in that document decide many issues. 200 yrs is not that long; people still use words from a book written 2000 years ago to help guide their actions.

Or maybe everyone but you is a numbskull?

Well - free speech does not aply to grafitti either, does it? You got some Amendment Right to tag buildings or rocks? What about on your own property if your neighbours can see it?

pretty sticky issue, no doubt. if my neighbor forced me to see something that offended me everytime i looked out the window, i'd be pretty pissed. private property and free speech or not.