This weekend

olyclimber

My wife also got some Mandarin language CDs, as our next child is coming from China this fall. <insert "hoping mightily" graemlin here>

Good luck with that! A coworker of mine is doing the same thing, it's quite the process. His wife doesn't like it when I refer to here as "Soon-yi" though yellaf.gif.

Which same thing? Learning Chinese, or adopting a child from there?

snaf.gif

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be on the dome. But don't worry, there are lots of great routes to choose from even if someone is on the one you're after. Crowding is generally not a problem at Darrington.

The sun can be intense, though. Last time I was up there, with temps a little hotter than predicted for this weekend and no wind at all, some folks got baked off the rock.

Is this all about padding one's post count?

Master Yoda surpassed my post count this week, and he's been on this board almost 3 years less than me...

More on topic, my family and I will be seeking solace in green leafy spaces cooled by the mist of waters falling from great heights.

Which same thing? Learning Chinese, or adopting a child from there?

snaf.gif

Adopting. They are finishing up with the application/interview process and are thinking to get a call around Feb. They only get 2 weeks advance notice of when to go to China to pick up the baby.

That timing sounds about right. This trip will net us our second adopted child from Asia. Our little boy (now turning 3) was born in Vietnam, and we are due to travel to China this October to pick up a little sister for him. We wish your co-worker friends good luck!

Here's a pic of our little rascal, Nicholas, from last fall. I suppose I have to give a credit to Sears Portrait Studios... rolleyes.gif

201Mother_and_son-med.jpg

So that's the little waterfall enthusiast. Cute kid, sobo.

A lesbian couple I know adopted a girl from China several years ago. Because the Chinese government isn't big on homosexuality, they had to pretend that they were roommates or something...ridiculous. Be glad you don't have to go through that charade!

"She's crazy. She went all the way to China to get a baby. Aren't there any babies abandoned around here anymore?" - Fred Beckey in 2003 describing a certain Canadian climber.

It's all a matter of perspective, cost, and how much you dislike the North American jurisprudence system...

So that's the little waterfall enthusiast. Cute kid, sobo.

A lesbian couple I know adopted a girl from China several years ago. Because the Chinese government isn't big on homosexuality, they had to pretend that they were roommates or something...ridiculous. Be glad you don't have to go through that charade!

Smart as a firecracker, too. It's true, Asian kids must just naturally be smart.

There was a lesbian that adopted from VN through our agency just before we went to get Nicholas. She said that it was pretty easy for her, no problems. The Vietnamese seem to be a little more open-minded in many regards. Go figure...

Is this all about padding one's post count?

Master Yoda surpassed my post count this week, and he's been on this board almost 3 years less than me...

More on topic, my family and I will be seeking solace in green leafy spaces cooled by the mist of waters falling from great heights.

There is no post count.