Boxes for moving

slothrop

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you can't find enough free boxes, i highly recommend those letter-sized storage boxes you can get at an office store. they usually come in pack of several and aren't too costly. you can then use them for storing things when you're done, or else you can just unfold them and store them somewhere flat for your next move. they are great for moving books because you can fill them up and still be able to carry them. :crosseyes:

Ralph,

What foraker said. We did that on our move outta Crackima and they are great. REALLLLLY sturdy. thumbs_up.gif

You'll have to tell them to save them for you, and then show up to get them when you say you will, or they will crush them down, because they tend to take up a lot of volume and pile up quickly. Punctuality is the key.

Letter-sized? Like a couple of reams of printer paper stacked on top of one another? That's frickin' tiny.

they're banker's boxes; just not the really long ones. and letter as opposed to legal. they are like 10x12x15 or so. well, i'm small so if it's full of books i can't carry much more very far!

jkeller, that was just the thing I was scouring craigslist for last night! I went there, but all I could find were two lil' boxes and some tortilla boxes.

tlg: Yeah, those would be an ideal size.

sobo: "Spookaloo"? Is that code for "Capitol Hill, where everyone is white and cares about diversity"? Just movin' across town. My girlfriend and I found a cool place (literally... it doesn't become an EZ Bake Oven after 3pm like our current top-floor apt.) with more space, a yardlet, a washer and dryer (!!!) and a much better landlord.

Thanks for all the tips, y'all! It's gonna be hard drinking all that liquor before Saturday to have enough empty boxes, but I'll have to try. wink.gif

Suckers walk, money talks!

But it can't touch my three lock box!

Uh! Oh, yeah!

Mysteries of the days of old

You find the key, you got the gold

One, two, three lock box

One, two, three lock box

One, two, three lock box

One, two, three lock box

Treasure's here, sunken there

Buried treasure's everywhere

Hey Ralph:

I heard about this guy who had to move recently who had the same problem and found a bunch of clean boxes in the recycle bin behind the Big 5 or Olympic Sports store in Ballard, right next to the 7-11 Jack-in-the-Box...

Finally settled down in Boston to start the three-year tour of duty. After driving across the country West to East, then flying to Louisiana and driving north to Illinois - my strong hunch that I would rather not live anywhere East of the front range has been completely validated, but I also confirmed that, all things considered - it could be a hell of a lot worse. There's actually some climbable rock in town, and it looks like there's some okay rock not too far away. Will have to investigate.