28 hours and 21,000'

fenderfour

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I came out here fresh from Colorado ten years ago, and living at or above 8k' for 7 years, I was able to run up Baker with no more effort than it took to play a casual game soccer in Telluride town park. The size of the mountain and the crevasses were what impressed me.

That said, I'm a bit freaked now because I am going back this July to climb Hallet, Longs and the Petit Grepon in three consequetive (sp?) days with my old friend. He will be returning from a month long trek in Tibet.

I think I'm gonna get spanked crazy.gif

cheeburga_ron.gif

BTW There is no way they "drove" out here and did all that and "drove" back. It is at least 21 hours to Grand Junction. Another 5 to 7 from there to various points along the front range. Flew, maybe. Once here and doing all three with an acclimatized crew would be no mean feat. The crux is the drive and a long enough weather window.

Someone else will have to figure that one out. I have yet to go to Hood or Adams.

Years ago when I was still in college, I came out here from Virginia and did Hood and Adams together in under 24 hours, from car to summit to car to summit to car, including lunch at the Timberline Lodge and a nap at the Lunch Counter. I thought that was impressive for me at the time, but I guess it wasn't, given this latest news.

This is impressive. You would definitely need to have everything fall into place and have perfect conditions (both driving and on the mountain).

I bought that DVD about the two guys that were trying to run the Wonderland Trail (~95 miles, ~22,000') in 24 hours. That's pretty crazy stuff. hellno3d.gif

While it's a good display of general fitness, the crux of this would be driving between the mountains without causing an accident or getting caught in traffic.

Ditto what Iain said.

The climbers were Buzz Burell and Peter Bawkin. On Hood they were suppose to be "guided" by Dan fido, however, per Bill Wright, fido came down with a knee injury and wasn't able to guide them. Too bad... cry.gif

The climbers were Buzz Burell and Peter Bawkin. On Hood they were suppose to be "guided" by Dan fido, however, per Bill Wright, fido came down with a knee injury and wasn't able to guide them. Too bad... cry.gif

You mean they did Hood without a guide? That makes all the difference! ooo.gif