Frenchs Coulee warning

LUCKY

Tickets being written by Sheriff for not having Fish and wildlife access sticker ,they can be purchased anywhere that sells Hunting and Fishing licenses

Car windows broken Valuables stolen from Lower River View parking area (Washington's favorite route setter has had his rotorhammer stolen)bummer dude

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

once again vantage does not disapoint- the tool and thieves working against climbers. harsh dude. we need to get vigilatante or something.

remember our fess go to improve vantage. those overfilled and knocked over shit buckets are great! you notice they only enforce fee payment and not the real issue of thrivery and vandalism. we are the criminals obviously.

sounds like time to write some land managers.

The fees you pay for the access sticker, go for all Dept. of Wildlife parking areas, weather its at Blue lake or Vantage.

I think they do a good job for the amount of people that go there.

I work for the local rag (newspaper) and can say for the use, theres not to much problums down there.

Theres allways going to be people who will rip shit off, we need to watch each others back, if you see something call the cops.

It was happening a couple years back, and they caught the guys, so it can work.

And concert season is allmost here, it won't get better.

Paul

Thanks Mneagle, after reading your post I went down to the office and talked to the wildlife people, about the tickets. I got one too. If you buy a fishing or hunting license you get the access pass free, if not its 5 bucks. For those who got tickets, you have 15 days to get one, which will let you slide on yours.

Paul

I remember in the 70's when there was a thief at Squamish. A group would be on the wall and he would hit the cars for booty. I won't go into detail but climbers caught the bastard and managed to harm him, but in today's society the f***ing criminal would go free and the climbers would be jailed. Personally, I'd take the jail time just to see the F***er in pain.

As paraphrased from Canadian Alpine Journal 1970's:

" The culprit was identified and a large group of climbers entered the Chieftan Hotel and forcibly apprehended him while he was drinking beer with some other friends. His friends were too frightened to intervene as the climbers dragged him away. The culprit was tied to a tree near Shannon Falls and a crowd of climbers formed up about 30 feet away. Everyone was given several large rocks with the promise that the first to break one of the offenders' bones would win a case of beer."

A large cache of stolen pins, carabiners, ropes etc. was later recovered as a result of this incident.

Bring back climber vigilante justice!