Pop Quiz on a car

carolyn

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone out there who knows the answer to the question! Dont be shy, do share! smile.gif

I didnt know until today.

I didnt believe it and spent a good portion of my day online researching it and calling random repair shops, dealers, friends, etc.

I put money down to hold the car. I will decide by friday if I want to purchase it!

Woooohooo!

I'd forgotten about this car! It's relatively inexpensive, reliable, and it gets good mileage. It's a Toyota Corolla that costs less because it carries the GM brand name and it may be just the thing for getting to the hills when the quarter is over.

In about ten days, I might be looking around for one of these little rattle-buckets myself. Thanks for the idea! thumbs_up.gif

yup, that it is- toyota corolla. Names all over the engine and other various parts of its "guts". GM bought a bunch of corollas to sell under their name to get people into their showrooms. They were built along with toyota corollas at a shared factory in cali. Basically corollas were made, then the occassional car was sent down a different path to have a different back end, tires, and paint job done (all a little "cheaper" than corollas). A lot of people passed up the geos because getting features in them (ie/air, cd, power windows, etc) cost more than the corolla "packages".

I think I should have paid 500 less, but I couldnt for the life of me get they guy to go down and he WOULD have sold it an hour later. Its in mint condition for a 95 - looks new like an 05,77k, black, no power windows or locks, just a tape player. I cant wait to see what kind of gas mileage I get outta it. I will let you know.

I've got a 93 Geo Prizm I bought 2 1/2 years ago. It's got 79k on it but it just sat for 8 mos while I was a 'climbing' cripple. I'm satisfied with it's performance. But a couple weeks back I was rear ended, which did a number on the rear bumper and trunk cover. It was considered a total loss but seems to run just as well as before. So I took a $400 (salvage value) hit in the insurance settlement by deciding to hang onto it. Still I recovered better than 2/3 of what I paid for it. smile.gif