Warning: Japaneese Gardens

Sol

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a look at JG yesterday and there are two baby robins just below the first set of chains. Momma gets pissed and starts dive-bombing when you get close, but there's no reason you'll need to get closer than a foot or two from the nest. This is Michigan's state bird. They are in the nightengale family, but are not endangered or threatened. The mother will continue to feed her babies as long as you don't directly violate the nest. This is what she gets for nesting in a flipping highway, gosh . . .

hey tim lawrence...choose a life which isn't so pathetic...if there are birds go somewhere else...in case you haven't realized, rock climbing, which you seem to express great passion for, is pathetically insignificant....particularly at the lower town wall....i here of anyone flinging birds from their nest so they can scury up some insignificant crack i will make a project out of finding you and pitching you into the $%$^&&* talus....it would bring me great pleasure...asshole...

It occurs to me there may be, for some, an explosive correllary to this passionate discussion of "flinging birds from their nest so they [climbers] can scury up some insignificant crack". In the greater scheme (in other words, broader context), do the same passions hold or flip-flop if baby humans are flung from a crack to the ground?

I have no axe to grind, just an interest in attempting to spark good dissenting conversation.

Moderator, I realize this topic belongs in the Spray forum. If there is much response to this post, I see it may be moved, but, if there is little response, you might ignore this intrusion.

hey tim lawrence...choose a life which isn't so pathetic...if there are birds go somewhere else...in case you haven't realized, rock climbing, which you seem to express great passion for, is pathetically insignificant....particularly at the lower town wall....i here of anyone flinging birds from their nest so they can scury up some insignificant crack i will make a project out of finding you and pitching you into the $%$^&&* talus....it would bring me great pleasure...asshole...

chill out wank...i think he was making a joke rolleyes.gif

well...he may be serious and all, but come on...anyone could tell that tim was joking around...christ, entire cliffs get shut down for birds and everyone respects them...I have a really hard time seeing someone going up and removing the birds and their nest...

Edited by RuMR

wow, sounds like the little birdy flew up your ass and your a little upset. Take a breath, it´s a joke...no need to be so serious. Besides, it would be a seriously expensive plane ticket to come and pitch me in the talus.

christ, entire cliffs get shut down for birds and everyone respects them...I have a really hard time seeing someone going up and removing the birds and their nest...

It happened at Beacon Rock. While you and I may respect birds, not everyone does.

Wow, pretty harsh cappellini dude.

Overlooking the joke and moving on, I was at a Chinese wedding reception while back. They served (of many, many dishes) something that looked just like a cooked blackened starling head. No joke! Just the head of these small birds, species which was unrecocnisable to me -ohhh, yes I ate one to try it.

So, I wanted you to know in advance, so that you don't accidently get surprised at one of these receptions and start trying to stuff blackened cooked birds heads up the brides fathers asscheeks or some other equally strange netherworldly region of one of the other hosts. Seriously.

Cheerrio!

It happened at Beacon Rock. While you and I may respect birds, not everyone does.

Point well taken, RBW.

I think that in the case of that Beacon incident, though, there may have been some speculation about whether it could have been falconers rather than climbers. Does anybody know who actually did it?

no one said anything about mafia from Ltown. besides maybe i am joking. and maybe rolleyes.gif he is joking but anyrate....who really gives a flying fuk or should i say this conversation has regressed to bird talk!

tweet tweet tweet, muthafukka! grin.gifyellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gif