Guns make you safe!

Dr_Flash_Amazing

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and no charges filed in the case of the 4 year old...I guess there isn't a law about being dumb. I don't know about others but I kept an eye open for my kiddies. I felt really sad for that family after reading about this stupid accident confused.gif

Tell someone you climb rocks for fun and they look at you funny because you take such terrible risks. You tell them that you spent a long apprenticeship practicing and learning about safety and how to use equipment properly.

Now tell someone you own a gun. Are they going to look at you funny? Not at all. Gun safety takes the same sort of sober vigilance as climbing, but apparently not everyone looks at it that way.

Did you hear about the guy who backed over his kid with his car while backing out of his driveway?

We should ban cars. They are so fucking dangerous.

And while I'm on the subject...

How about the kid who drowned in his parents swimming pool? His parents are SOOOO IRRESPONSIBLE for even having a swimming pool in their yard. How could you let something like that happen?

People are dying all the time from failure to follow safe climbing procedure. We should ban cams and stoppers. Die commie bastards!

You guys are bordering on prodigy.

Tell someone you climb rocks for fun and they look at you funny because you take such terrible risks. You tell them that you spent a long apprenticeship practicing and learning about safety and how to use equipment properly.

Now tell someone you own a gun. Are they going to look at you funny? Not at all. Gun safety takes the same sort of sober vigilance as climbing, but apparently not everyone looks at it that way.

So do you support firearm safety training classes in public schools?

Did you hear about the guy who backed over his kid with his car while backing out of his driveway?

We should ban cars. They are so fucking dangerous.

And while I'm on the subject...

How about the kid who drowned in his parents swimming pool? His parents are SOOOO IRRESPONSIBLE for even having a swimming pool in their yard. How could you let something like that happen?

People are dying all the time from failure to follow safe climbing procedure. We should ban cams and stoppers. Die commie bastards!

You guys are bordering on prodigy.

Primary function of automobile: transportation

Primary function of swimming pool: recreation (see also: water, naturally collecting in low-lying areas everywhere)

Primary function of firearms: killing

Why is it that whenever someone uses a gun for its intended purpose (i.e. killing), you gun-toters always fall back on the same bogus comparisons to deaths caused by objects either not used for their intended purpose, or which caused death by accident? Do you not realize that the gun is the only item in the comparison that is designed solely for killing? Or do you not think that anyone else will pick up on that crucial point?

While you're thinking this over, you should look up the definition of "prodigy."

Clown. rolleyes.gif

Primary function of swimming pool: recreation (see also: water, naturally collecting in low-lying areas everywhere)

Funny, my primary use of a firearm and its primary function is: recreation.

While you're thinking this over, you should look up the definition of "prodigy."

it's hard to take anyone seriously when they make an error like that!

yelrotflmao.gif

tongue.gif

The challenge now is to figure out what word he meant to use. Can you? The Doctor is as yet unable to determine what our agitated friend is trying to say... confused.gif

Anyone have any ideas?

"You guys are bordering on..."

Prophecy?

Plagiarism?*

Paraguay?

Proctology?

Maybe parody?

The mind boggles.

(* BUSTED! What was DFA thinking? Was DFA thinking? blush.gif)

Edited by Dr_Flash_Amazing

I guess that means shooting someone with a gun is bad, but drowning them in the pool is 'OK'. thumbs_up.gif

Huh? Whatever floats your boat? I suppose you could outlaw pools because the could be used in crimes of passion. smileysex5.gif

You are soooo smart! I meant to say you guys are bordering on BECOMING prodigies. My sincere aplogies to the Proctologist, Mr DFA, and others who have been offended.

Prodigy: A person with exceptional talents or powers.

The "talent" in question is your ability (or lack thereof, depending on how you read into it), like many of the other liberal tree hugger earth muffins on this site, to take valid thoughts and ideas and "rebuke" them to suit your hopeless, pharasaic idealism. In layman's terms (and for those illiterates out there), I was being sarchastic and you have taken yourself way too seriously. Furthermore, you, mr puerile peabrain proctologist, are nothing more than a liberal sheeple with no ability to conjure any sort of idea for yourself without reading the latest copy of the Stranger. Enjoy the practice of exploring other peoples assholes and remember .... rectums aren't the only things full of shit.

Thankyou for letting communist speak. wave.gif

Mine too.

Some people's primary use of their back yard is to store the dead corpses of those they murdered. Should we outlaw back yards? Discuss.

You are soooo smart! I meant to say you guys are bordering on BECOMING prodigies. My sincere aplogies to the Proctologist, Mr DFA, and others who have been offended.

Prodigy: A person with exceptional talents or powers.

That makes sense! I'm certainly convinced, thanks!

...In other words, I was being sarchastic and you have taken yourself way too seriously.

Well, Snafflehunter, you really have to be careful using "sarchasm" around folks like DFA. Between liberal tree-hugging muffins like the good doctor and red-blooded patriots like yourself there exists a real cultural void, an unbridgeable chasm, if you will. It's pretty easy for one party to misunderstand the other and the next thing you know, someone's getting chastised for not picking up on the "sarchasm."

No, no, no! Dr. Flash Amazing is thumbing through the latest International Medical Journal & Report (the hotly anticipated 'Disease Vectors Special Edition' for 2005, thank you very much), and it says right here that "the SARchasm is now widely acknowledged to be the origin of the deadly SARS virus. While the chasm is named for its proximity to the diminutive burg of Sianxiang Ang Rong in the hinterlands of northwestern China, the disease takes its name from both the initials of said town, and the first initial of Sochaipan Hoang-Li, the unfortunate explorer of the chasm who is believed to have first contracted the disease from poisonous cave bats which may have feasted on infected chickens in a nearby market."

Also, this so-called "Snafflehunter" sounds decidedly...hmm...Trask-ish. Could it be? hellno3d.gif

[quote

Why is it that whenever someone uses a gun for its intended purpose (i.e. killing), you gun-toters always fall back on the same bogus comparisons to deaths caused by objects either not used for their intended purpose, or which caused death by accident? Do you not realize that the gun is the only item in the comparison that is designed solely for killing? Or do you not think that anyone else will pick up on that crucial point?

You are mistaken, primary function of my firearms, as the Framers intended - is freedom. Political freedom.

Of course, you must think that once you have it you can just forget about it because it will always be there?

We obviously will disagree on that minor point.

Bill