Rescue on Mt Logan?

plumbbob

Our State trooper dispatch in Juneau received a sat phone call a short time ago from someone named Barry Mason(?) The call was cut off before we got much information. He was requesting medical assistance for stranded climbers near Ania Peak. This appears to be just north of Mt. Logan. Anyone know who this might be? Please reply here or call AST Dispatch in Juneau @ 907 465-4000

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parks Canada is taking care of this. Info is that group is trapped above 18,000 feet. Bad weather, lost tent several days ago. Hypothermia and frostbite. Helo's can't fly due to weather and park service is trying to contact other groups in area to attempt locating group to assist.

Our State trooper dispatch in Juneau received a sat phone call a short time ago from someone named Barry Mason(?) The call was cut off before we got much information. He was requesting medical assistance for stranded climbers near Ania Peak. This appears to be just north of Mt. Logan. Anyone know who this might be? Please reply here or call AST Dispatch in Juneau @ 907 465-4000

That was Perry Mason, you foo,

And if you don't act fast he'll sue.

That was Perry Mason, you foo,

And if you don't act fast he'll sue.

DeC, that might be funny if the situation wasn't what it appears to be: folks in deep trouble and not looking good for a pick-off anytime soon. Your comments appear a tad crass at this time, IMO.

I understand that you're concerned for those in trouble and stranded; pray as you are led for them.

I am crass and am fully aware of it. My perception of the world being thoroughly vulgar and thoroughly beautiful simultaneously precludes normally the appetite for delicacy, decorum, and discrimination. However, I do not endeavor to offend; if you've taken offense, please forgive me.

Take note of the difference in our signatures: I don't presume the opportunity extends beyond today to "be an asshole".