To those who voted for bush...

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my son's HS paper they ran a big ad urging kids to get an "ATM" card (Abstinence til Marriage). However, in the same issue they ran an ad for Planned Parenthood...so as long as they offer both viewpoints, I'm ok with it. My attitude is this: I can't stop my kids from eventually having sex BUT hopefully I can help them make good choices concerning birth control, etc.

Bush also thinks he can fight AIDs in Africa through this abstinence only policy. rolleyes.gif

I watched a big chunk of this. This pastor was telling an auditorium full of kids that they'd been lied to by adults - that condoms don't protect them. Here was my favorite quote:

"My own daughter, my 16-year-old daughter, tells me she’s going to be sexually active. I would not tell her to use a condom," says Pattyn. "I don't think it'll protect her. It won’t protect her heart. It won’t protect her emotional life. And it’s not going to protect her. I don’t want her to get out there and think that she’s going to be protected using a condom."

Since a condom won't protect her emotions, she shouldn't use one at all rolleyes.gif.

In my son's HS paper they ran a big ad urging kids to get an "ATM" card (Abstinence til Marriage). However, in the same issue they ran an ad for Planned Parenthood...so as long as they offer both viewpoints, I'm ok with it. My attitude is this: I can't stop my kids from eventually having sex BUT hopefully I can help them make good choices concerning birth control, etc.

Bush also thinks he can fight AIDs in Africa through this abstinence only policy. rolleyes.gif

Last thing I heard was that the abstinance only push is only being marginally effective at best.

It does increase the amount of time that those who take it wait before having sex before marriage, but the rates of sex before marriage are roughly equivalent.

However it also strongly increases the likelihood of undertaking risky behaviour as they don't have an easy, non-judgemental avenue to get information regarding sex from.

The other issue that seems to be coming up is that currently there is the impression in kids that "sex" is only "intercourse", and that if your not doing that everything else is relatively safe and kosher, since it's not discussed in the abstinance-only curriculum.

good on you GW, your really looking out for the interests of the nation bigdrink.gifrolleyes.gif

Now if we can just extend this philosophy everywhere!

I watched a big chunk of this. This pastor was telling an auditorium full of kids that they'd been lied to by adults - that condoms don't protect them. Here was my favorite quote:

"My own daughter, my 16-year-old daughter, tells me she’s going to be sexually active. I would not tell her to use a condom," says Pattyn. "I don't think it'll protect her. It won’t protect her heart. It won’t protect her emotional life. And it’s not going to protect her. I don’t want her to get out there and think that she’s going to be protected using a condom."

Since a condom won't protect her emotions, she shouldn't use one at all rolleyes.gif.

Let's see how her emotions are doing when she finds out she's got the clap! evils3d.gif

• 2 weeks later...

OH, I was hoping you were asking if all the Bush voters were getting their children to enlist into the Army.

This could be a part of the Abstinence pledge.

I'll bet it's difficult to get into the mood when someone is shooting at you.

jeez if bush had any sense he would promote sex. just look what it did for the soilders in heinlen's book starship troopers, they had orgies right before going to battle and they sure fought with tanacity.

and dave, why dont you do a better job of leading these topics into discussion. just posting some link with a half thoughtout sentence is lame.

and for your topic title. alot of the people who voted for bush are strong christains and do believe in abstenice, so whats your point?