Outer Space? HOw honest is the rating?

selkirk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

say, harder than 5.8 (Dogleg, The Arch, Spaghetti, Sauce), but easier than 5.10 (Air Guitar, George and Martha, Bo Derek) etc.

Ah there is the problem, Air Guitar and (possibly) George and Martha are easy for 5.10, they should be 5.9.

SCW was bone dry on sunday. Look out for the horde of goats protecting the base.

No shit, the goats at the base were trundling rocks on us two weeks ago as we approached! Be careful.

If you want to worry about something, watch out for the Snow Creek Wall tick infestation. Is it me, or are the ticks really bad this year? Three weeks ago, lots of ticks at Tieton and two weeks ago, Snow Creek was pretty ticky as well.

Edited by Doug_Hutchinson

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the traverse pitch was pretty sustained and sporty at the grade. There are several fixed pieces on route - an alien (?) deep in the crack at the first overhang, the rap slings, a nut as you start the traverse, and a new C4 Costalot 3/4ths of the way across - and there is plenty of other protection opportunities. I sewed it up pretty well. As a borderline 5.9 climber, I yarded on the rap slings (A0) to speed things up.

Edit: Turns out the C4 cam belongs to Mr. Ascentionist.

CBS – I can’t remember much about those routes. All I can tell you is that 5.9 can be pretty hard at times and that the traverse didn’t seem like 5.10 to me. What 5.9s seem like 5.9 to you?

the red-and-white taped route in the back corner! yelrotflmao.gif