Big Whipper

Dru

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody ever see that home video of the guy that spun in hard into a beanfield due to a malfunctioning chute? He corkscrewed in, his videocam was hanging, and you could see the ground coming up fast, and Wham! At first you see the world on its side for a couple of seconds, then some movement, then its bouncing around, while the guy screams "I *&%ng made it!"

Great footage. [big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

Did anybody ever see that home video of the guy that spun in hard into a beanfield due to a malfunctioning chute? He corkscrewed in, his videocam was hanging, and you could see the ground coming up fast, and Wham! At first you see the world on its side for a couple of seconds, then some movement, then its bouncing around, while the guy screams "I *&%ng made it!"

Great footage.
[big Drink]

A friend of mine made a video for his film and video class that was supposed to be about paragliding with him as the hero.

Instead it was about him breaking his leg on landing! [Eek!][laf] I think it was unintentionally a much better film especially his blissed out gaze when the ambulance arrives with the Nitrous and he takes a big huff.

quote:

Originally posted by JoshK:

"Another Yugoslav holds the record for surviving a fall from the greatest altitude without a parachute. Air hostess Vesna Vulovic plunged 33,330 feet into a snowbound forest in Czechoslovakia in 1972 when the airliner she was on exploded.

"

DAmn!
[Eek!]

Talk about bouncing a Czech! [Eek!] **

** plagerized from another board.

11/05/2002

By RAY LANE / KING 5 News

It was an awesome sight Tuesday in the shadow of Mount Rainier as a helicopter lifted a horse to safety after the animal had falled 200 feet into a ravine.

Mikey is airlifted to safety.

“It looked a little bit different, it looked a little bit strange but the animal didn’t move, one quick kick as we lifted off the ground, and then I think the tranquilizer took effect. They gave it just prior to me arriving,” said pilot Dan Uttecht.

Once on the ground, the horse named Mikey slowly started shaking off the affects of the tranquilizers.

Mikey had become separated from some other horses late Monday. After a handler had found him and started walking him out of the woods, Mikey fell off a cliff, plunging 200 feet, tumbling and rolling into a ravine.

Barry Sader was walking Mikey when the horse fell.

“He just lost his footing on a narrow trail and went over the side. It was a long ways down,” said Mikey’s owner, Ron Engle.

Barry Sader was walking Mikey to safety when he fell.

Mikey was on his feet in no time.

“The most helpless, terrifying thing to see in my entire life," said Sader, fighting back tears. "Because it’s just like seeing a dear friend go over, and there’s not a thing you can do.“

“It’s amazing … the terrain is near vertical, and that there wasn’t obvious broken bones or fractures,” said Dan Hudson, Pierce County Sheriff’s Dept.

Multimedia KING 5's Ron Lane reports Rescue teams stayed with the horse until Tuesday morning’s flight.

Mikey's owner will pay for the vet bills and the use of the rescue helicopter.

quote:

Originally posted by RobBob:

Great footage.
[big Drink]

I saw that and it WAS AMAZING! Talk about must be living right.