Garage Jumper miss's the 80 foot jump, then sues.

billcoe

God bless this country. Where else can an idiot mouth breather benefit from doing something so stupidly idiotic such as missing the jump between 2 80' tall buildings and then suing the garage owner because he didn't have it fenced off?

Http://www.local6.com/money/4239256/detail.html

Teens Leaping For Thrills In 'Garage Jumping' Trend

POSTED: 2:52 pm EST February 28, 2005

UPDATED: 3:23 pm EST March 1, 2005

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Teenagers in Orlando, Fla., are leaping between 80-foot high public parking garages in a new trend called "garage jumping," according to a Local 6 News investigation.

#

Click Here to see images of possible garage jumps and other images featured in the story.

Local 6 News reported that the thrill seekers are vaulting themselves between garages in downtown Orlando.

IMAGES: More strange stories, images featured on Local6.com

Tim Bargfrede told Local 6 News that he was following friends when he attempted to garage jump and did not make it to the other side. Bargfrede fell six stories and was knocked unconscious on impact.

"I just didn't make it," Bargfrede said.

SURVEY

Do you think the garages should be held responsible for injuries sustained by "Garage Jumpers?"

The Garages Are Responsible

Garage Jumpers are responsible

Results | Disclaimer

Bargfrede survived the 80-foot fall but was injured.

"The first time I came to the garage after my son's accident, I looked over and I just about broke out in tears," the boy's father Tim Bargfrede said. "I can't believe he actually survived. He looked like he was near death."

"He (Bargfrede) is not he first person, he is not the second person, there have been four or five other individuals before him that did this," family's attorney Vincent D'Assaro said.

The city of Orlando owns one of the downtown parking lots next to a private parking garage owned by Orlando Tower LP, according to Local 6 News.

Video

Report: Garage Jumping Is Dangerous New Trend

Orlando Parking Garage Director Samuel Vennero admitted he was aware of at least one other incident where a garage jumper didn't make it to the other side.

"I don't think we recognized it before as a danger," Vennero said.

There are no safety fences in place on the parking garage.

D'Assaro is filing a lawsuit against the city of Orlando and the private garage owner for making little effort to correct a potential deadly risk.

"There was a very, very short length of fence that was completely ineffective in preventing this from happening," D'Assaro said.

#

Local 6 News reported that thrill seekers are vaulting themselves between garages in downtown Orlando.

Orlando Tower LP, the private parking lot owner, refused to comment about their responsibility, according to the report.

Since Bargfrede fell, the City of Orlando erected a partial fence but there's still room for someone to take a dangerous dive.

The family says that's not good enough and that both garages need to take responsibility before a garage jumper loses his life.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

... The family says... that both garages need to take responsibility before a garage jumper loses his life.

I think we need to distinguish between someone "losing" their life, and someone deliberately throwing it away. Unfortunately the courts don't seem to agree, and there are plenty of precedents. This bonehead will probably be cashing a big cheque in return for his willful stupidity, and everyone else's insurance will be paying for it. rolleyes.gif

Is it wrong of me to want natural selection to keep working! Down with the fences, if people want to jump between 8 story building, they shouldn't procreate.

No more warning labels on toothpaste!

hmmmm, maybe we should just start offering free vasectomies to 18 year olds?

every good game has three elements: balance, consequences, and a loser. this is a good game, and this monkey is the loser. the only difference between the stupid friends of my teen years and this kid is that if i missed a jump, my friends would point and laugh. and if i tried to blame it on someone else they'd slap me silly.